Noelle - Day 117 (TDCP Day 4 and RMS Parts as Promised)
HIYA!!!
I don't have a ton of time, so let me get started so I can finish. Kapeish?
And.... let me just blurt this out real quick before the R.M.S. story parts - as many of you know, I'm going as Jess for Halloween (my buddy Lily is going to be Shadow {coming soon} for my costume b-day party) so before photos for my costume coming soon! Can't wait to show you guys! :) Don't forget to comment and post (looking at you Madison)
“What? Running late for what?!” Luke whispered-shouted as she walked down the aisle. “Come back here!”
I don't have a ton of time, so let me get started so I can finish. Kapeish?
![]() |
| I'm mainly just taking pictures of stuff around the house... |
Random Marvel-based Story (Part 60 & 61)
“We could have done a stake out when it wasn’t raining,” Jess said as she angrily wiped her dripping hair out of her face. “I’m mean, look at me - I’m soaked!”
S.H.I.E.L.D. had gotten word that two baddies - Crossbones and some other unknown entity - were going to make a deal at this warehouse. Jess was highly skeptical, thinking it could be a trap, so of course she was the one that had to go wait out in the rain with Luke. Staring at an abandoned warehouse for three hours was not her definition of fun.
“Shush, I see somebody,” Luke said calmly, hunkering down like a gargoyle. He wasn’t too happy either with the whole rain thing, but what had to be done, had to be done. Easy for him to say, with his hair shaved so short against his dark skin.
Jess pulled out a pair of tiny binoculars. “Boy scout motto - best. motto. ever,” She said with a satisfied nod. “That’s Crossbones’ armor, so the other guy must be here somewhere, so let’s get a move on before he does...or he’s muttering something about dratted kids and about to shoot us with a long-range rifle. Let’s go with option A, shall we?”
They crawled down from the rooftop to the ledge. Crossbones had already disappeared into the warehouse, so they didn’t bother with stealth. Jess peered over the fifty foot drop. “You can jump, mister impenetrable skin.”
“What about you?” Luke said, clambering down beside her.
“Just jump,” she laughed, “We’re losing time.”
Luke launched off the cliff-like ledge, landing with a very solid crunch on the ground. He turned around just in time to see Jess flip over the edge like an acrobat and plummet to the ground!
*******
Luke wanted to yell, but that would give away their position, so all he could do was watch, silent and shocked, as Jess jumped over the edge of a fifty foot drop.
She landed gracefully on the rocky ground, but not even the slightest amount of crunch sounded. “I was thinking that would end with a bit more splat goes the Jessie,” Luke said over the edge of his sunglasses.
“Aren’t cheesy jokes Spiderman’s thing?” Jess commented in the same tone of voice, brushing some gravel off her knee. “It’s just a trick I picked up from a while back.”
“How long ago is a ‘while back’?” Luke murmured as they walked quietly down the alley way next to the warehouse wall.
“I think the first time I did that was when I was ten, why do you ask?” Jess said as if it were perfectly normal for ten year olds to go hurling themselves off ledges.
Luke slide open a rusty barbed wire fence. “Just curious,” He grunted. “Where were your parents when you did all this jumping off of roofs?”
“Alright, playtime’s over, what are you - writing a book?” Jess snapped with a sudden change of mood. She showed Luke a hidden panel that she had spotted early, then continued, “That’s my business, not yours. I don’t ask you how that Packer’s game went, now do I?”
“We agreed never to talk about that,” Luke growled, punching her in the shoulder, but he was joking. She staggered back anyway and pretended to be in a huge amount of pain. “Get a move on, ya’ wimp,” Luke said.
Jess slipped into the warehouse, the rust from the door frame dusting off all over her fingers. She groaned as quietly as possible and dusted the redness off on her suit. “As if I wasn’t mad enough about this mission,” she muttered murderously.
“Sh, we don’t know how close Crossbones and his friend are,” Luke hissed.
“They’re three hundred and twenty-five feet north of here, down that aisle, two aisles left, in the clearing near the center of the warehouse,” Jess whispered back, still rubbing at the rust on her hand to no avail.
“Another trick you learned when you were ten?”
“Actually, yes. What is your problem, Power-man?”
Luke stopped her from walking any further. “Oh I have a problem? How do you know how to do all this stuff, Jess?”
She looked at him, frowning deeply. “That’s classified information,” She said quietly, hissing slightly when Luke tried to say something. “This wasn’t my choice. C’mon, we’re running late.”
“What? Running late for what?!” Luke whispered-shouted as she walked down the aisle. “Come back here!”

Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!