Noelle - Day 110 (T.D.P.C. Day 2)
Hiya!
She grabbed his hand. “Don’t. It’s in the past. You ready to watch this movie or are we going to continue to make ourselves depressed?” She asked sarcastically. “C’mon, I can’t believe you haven’t seen the Lion King!”
So today is Day 2 of the Fall Photo Challenge I'm doing (T.D.P.C.) and also, more R.M.S.! Yay! (Not)
So yesterday, I was confirmed in the Catholic Church! Yay! :) Photos forthcoming. I'll stop rambling now and actually post something interesting now.
![]() |
| On top of my bookcase, I saw it and was like...why does mom still have this thing? |
Random Marvel-based Story (Part 59)
Jess slowly recovered, but it was the wounds of the team that needed more attention. Ava was grumpy, snapping at anybody who came to close, and Spider-man was reduced to shooting targets in anger (and usually missing). Nova kept to himself for once, and Luke spent all of his time locked up in his room. Danny, on the other hand, focused all his energy on caring for Jess.
“If you would just pay attention and realize how hurt you are!” He said with a sigh of exasperation. “In KunLun if you’re injured you stay in your hut until the masters clear you for fighting - otherwise, you might just make it worse.”
“I’m fine,” Jess said stubbornly for the one hundreth time, sliding a popcorn bag into the microwave. “I’ve gotten hurt tons of times on the field, this is no different.”
Danny thought back through all the major battles, and the only time that he could think when Jess got hurt was when she had gotten floored by the Adaptoid, and she could barely be blamed for that. It took all the Avengers put together to take care of the Adaptoid the first time the encountered it. “What are you talking about?” He wondered aloud.
For a while, the only noise was the fizz and pops from the microwave. “Remember the Beetle Battle?” (They had taken to calling that, although nobody could figure out why)
“Yes, but you didn’t get hurt.” His mind flashed to the memories of the battle - yes, he was sure. Jess didn’t get hurt at all.
“I got kicked in the head and punched repeatedly in the stomach, but it was all too fast for anybody to see. Also, I had been shot a month before,” Jess said quickly, as if racing through the words would make them any better.
“Shot?” He whispered, cutting through the silence.
“Yes Danny, shot. You know, when somebody points a gun at you and says -” she lowed her voice to a man’s level “-Tell me everything you know or else my hand goes to the trigger, and I guarantee, honey, it's not like walk in the park.” Her voice returned to normal and she dished up the buttery popcorn. “I’m assuming you know what I’m talking about?”
Danny nodded mutely, wondering how she could act so carefree about something like this. “Was it on a mission with the Avengers?” He said quietly, waiting for Jess to stiffen and pull away like she always did.
Jess grinned, “Yeah, that was a memorable one too. The nuclear reactor in north Russia - how many people can try to kidnap Jess over the course of a week! Now that was fun.”
He stared at her. “And how many people can kidnap Jess in a week?”
“Four random people that I made mad, two terrorists groups, one slave trader, one villain back for revenge, and ironically, the Avengers. It’s a long story.”
“Uh-huh,” Danny grunted, chomping on a strawberry. “Why didn’t you tell me any of this earlier?”
“Because that’s dangerous,” She said, “I mean, think about it. What if I had let something important slip? Then what would I do? No, it’s better to hide under the hidden things.”
That didn’t make any sense to Danny, but he ignored that and pushed on. “You used to be so protective of what you did in your free-time. Shut down everything if I pressed so much as one button.”
“It’s time to change,” Jess whispered, flinching all the same when he sat down next to her. She glanced at a thin scar, traced across Danny’s neck by a knife.
He followed her gaze and grabbed at his neck involuntarily. “I-” He didn’t know what to say.
She grabbed his hand. “Don’t. It’s in the past. You ready to watch this movie or are we going to continue to make ourselves depressed?” She asked sarcastically. “C’mon, I can’t believe you haven’t seen the Lion King!”

Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!