Noelle - Day 35 (Five Weeks people!)
That's right!
We're at the five weeks point in 365 (52 weeks), which means only ... sigh ... 47 weeks to go. Hey, at least we are making progress.
Alright, I don't have a ton of time - why? I'm going to a thingie up in New York (a Stuebanville conference, don't know how to spell it) over the weekend with some other select teens from my church! I need to pack! Also, get some sleep - because from today until Sunday, I have to get up at 6:30 (also known as Summer Vacation zero-dark thirty) just to eat breakfast! Anyway, I'll try to post pics on Monday.
Anyway, just click the link below for the story parts today, because if you remember correctly, we're having an R.M.S. marathon this week (mainly because I'm reeeeeaaaaalllly lazy). If you don't know what R.M.S. is, you can click here to learn more.
The Doc smiled, handing her a small briefcase, which she strapped across her chest like a messenger bag. “That’s all I needed to hear,” he said with a grin. “See you in a month.”
We're at the five weeks point in 365 (52 weeks), which means only ... sigh ... 47 weeks to go. Hey, at least we are making progress.
Alright, I don't have a ton of time - why? I'm going to a thingie up in New York (a Stuebanville conference, don't know how to spell it) over the weekend with some other select teens from my church! I need to pack! Also, get some sleep - because from today until Sunday, I have to get up at 6:30 (also known as Summer Vacation zero-dark thirty) just to eat breakfast! Anyway, I'll try to post pics on Monday.
Anyway, just click the link below for the story parts today, because if you remember correctly, we're having an R.M.S. marathon this week (mainly because I'm reeeeeaaaaalllly lazy). If you don't know what R.M.S. is, you can click here to learn more.
Random Marvel-based Story (Parts 14 & 15)
After the capture of the Beetle, things took an upturn for the web warriors. Fights were easy with Jess around, who seemed unmatched in battle, which included her own team members. Even after endless sparring sessions, White Tiger and Iron Fist simply couldn’t learn her moves.
Even school seemed like a bit of a happier spot. Classes slid by easily, lunch was full of bright laughter. Only Danny could see that behind all the jokes, behind all the smiles, Jess was hiding something.
Finally, he pulled Peter aside. “Dude, maybe Sam was right. Maybe we can’t trust Jess. There’s something she’s not telling us.”
“There’s nothing to worry about Danny! Honestly, you’re so down-hearted all the time. And did I hear the words ‘Sam is right’? What has gotten into you?”
Danny shrugged. “You’re right, I overreacted. Jess does so much for the team it would be wrong to not trust her now.”
It was like they could do no wrong! Then came the day that Scorpio attacked the helicarrier - a deadly attack that left the team with no S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, and no home. Jess must have had a home somewhere, but as for the rest of the team, they had no where to go.
Eventually, they moved in with Peter, but between the fact that there were only two bathrooms or the fact that the Parker home was only made for three, the whole place was a squish.
One day after a particularly intense training session, Danny walked up to Jess, blushing. He looked like he was about to say something, but he couldn’t.
Jess smiled. Iron Fist sometimes had a hard time saying what he wanted to without talking like a walking fortune cookie. She slammed her locker door shut and said, “Spit it out, Danny. Whats up?”
Danny blushed even harder, something that was unusual for him. Jess stopped smiling. “Are you ok? What’s wrong?”
“Do you...do you have a place where I could stay...like live...for a month and a half?” Danny said, staring at the ceiling.
Jess stifled a snigger. “That’s it!? Well, give me one second, and maybe you could come stay at my apartment - unless you really hate foldout couches, because that’s what you’re going to be sleeping on. She pulled out a phone and dialed a number. “One minute,” she added, and walked off.
“Hello?” She said, “Oh hi, yeah, I’m good. Hey, could you do me a huge favor...” Here she got so quiet that no matter how hard Danny tried, he couldn’t hear what she was saying. She closed the phone, turned and grinned. “I’ll give you a ride to the Parker house so that you can pick up your stuff - k?”
Iron Fist smiled, pulling his mask on. He didn’t let it show, but he had just realised that nobody had ever seen Jess come or go from the helicarrier. “It’s really actually ok? Thank you so much,” he said, “I owe you one!”
“You can buy me a pizza and do a training session with me right now,” she said, pulling on her mask also, “And you can call it even.”
*******15
Long after the other team members had left, Danny and Jess stayed and sparred. Finally, he sat down on the training hall’s floor and announced, “All the training in Kun Lung, and I still could not ever best you in a fight.”
“Kun Lung?” Jess said, gathering up her stuff, “What’s that?”
“Where I was trained - where I was brought up, really.”
“Oh, I remember it now. Kun Lung was mentioned in the file that Coulson gave to me before I joined the web warriors. Isn’t it in the Himalayas?”
“Yeah...where are we going?” Jess had started to walk away.
“The science lab,” She said with a preoccupied frown. “I need to pick up some stuff from Doc O'Connors.”
Doctor O’Connors - transmutation scientist, expert in genetics, and one of the many idols of Spider-man. He was famous for his work with S.H.I.E.L.D. and other large science researchers. Unfortunately, his accident with one of his genetic experiments had left him weakened and scared to try new serums, but he was still a genius. What would Jess want from him?
The door automatically slid open, and Jess walked in confidently - clearly she had been here before. “The Doc” (as he was called among other S.H.I.E.L.D agents) stuck his head from behind a beaker. “Oh hi Jess,” he said cheerfully. “What can I do for you?”
“I need a month’s supply this time, I might be going on a trip,” Jess said. She made a face. “Should I come back? I’m not completely out yet.”
“If you need serum, you know I’m here all the time, making more,” O’Connors laughed. “For the sake of conversation while I’m getting your stuff ready, where are you going, and why? Is this a vacation to the Bahamas with the young man trying to hide behind you?”
“Um, actually no. Purely business trip, and unfortunately, the place is classified. I can’t tell you,” Jess said, leaning against the counter so that Danny was subtly forced out from behind her. He frowned at her.
Doc O’Connors nodded sagely. “Another mission with the Avengers?”
Iron Fist pulled off his mask and stared between the two people before him, confused. Mission? Avengers? The Avengers? Since when does Jess pair up with the Avengers? There must be a mistake!
“Yeah, another mission,” Jess said with an exaggerated sigh, ignoring the bewildered Danny silently gesturing madly at her. “And before you start nagging me, I’ll be more careful this time.” It took a lot to keep Danny’s jaw from dropping.
The Doc smiled, handing her a small briefcase, which she strapped across her chest like a messenger bag. “That’s all I needed to hear,” he said with a grin. “See you in a month.”
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!