Jay- Day 301 (Another Story)
Why hello there! Welcome, welcome!
Remember that cute little Easter Bunny short story I wrote a while back? Well, I thought, since it was so much fun to write, i'll do another! Fun, right? This is another cute little fable made into reality. How about a demented version of...I don't know....Cinderella? The Little Mermaid? Sleeping Beauty???
No. No, those won't work. How about.....hmm let me think here....the Tooth Fairy? No, wait. Santa!! That's it!
I'm gonna do jolly old Saint Nick. Let's get started shall we??
Another Beginning. Another End.
Arthur was a good ten year-old. His mother worked in law and his father was a novelist. Both his parents made good money and lived in a two story colonial in Virginia. Arthur had a Labrador named Mercury and a little sister named Jane.
"Hey mom? Can I open one of my presents?" He asked. You see, tomorow was Christmas. That made today Christmas Eve. Arthur, being the hyperactive ten year old he was, was itching to find out what lay under the tree. But his mother, of course, said no.
"Dear, go and get the mail please." His mother responded. That meant -to little Arthur at least- no.
Pouting, the boy grabbed the keys off the hook on the wall and begrudgingly walked towards the front door. "Alright mom. I'll be back in a minute."
"Man. I really wanted to open at least one of my presents. Wonder what they got me? Maybe a toy gun like I asked for last year? Or maybe a new pair of trainers? Or maybe a new dog! A friend for Mercury perhaps?" Arthur wondered as he unlocked the mailbox. Sliding out a pile of letters and bills, the boy made his way back to his home. "Hey,why can't I open one of my presents?? Maybe because they don't want little Jane to be jealous? That's it! I'll open my present tonight, when everyone's sleeping. Then Jane won't be jealous and Mom won't be mad! Perfect!"
The boy skipped into his house with a wide grin on his face and a plan in mind.
"All right. Everyone's asleep. Time to go." Arthur peeked out his doorway, clad in his flannel pajamas and a pair of glasses askew on the bridge of his nose. His unruly blonde hair stuck up in all directions and his green eyes glanced around in fear. "Hope no one sees me."
Mercury thumped his cream-colored tail and trotted out of his master's room, making quiet huffing noises as he did so. Arthur followed suit, fixing his glasses and hair in the process.
The boy stopped at the top of the stairs. A voice in the back of his mind chastised him as the boy stared down the stairwell. Don't do it! Your mother will kill you if she find me out. And trust me, she will! So please, turn back!
Mercury, having already trotted down the first set of stairs, glanced up at his master with creamy dark brown eyes. Doing a dog version of a shrug, the dog continued down until he was out of site. Arthur was alone.
"ARF-"
Mercury's noise of alarm was cut off, turning into a gargled growl at the end. Arthur, being the reckless ten year-old he was, began slowly slipping down the stairwell, his footsteps muffled by the carpet. "Mercury? What happened? Are you alright?" He called as he reached the bottom of the stairs.
The boy peeked around the empty doorway that lead into the living room. "Oh dear God!"
Mercury lay in his dogbed, which used to be a pale cream. Now, it was a dark pink. Blood poured from a stab wound in the dogs neck, from which a long blade protruded from. Mercury, who was still alive, whimpered and weakly failed his paws. Alas, it was in vain.
"Mercury!" Arthur whisper-yelled as he ran over to his beloved pet. Sliding down next to him, he yanked out the blade. Retching and crying, the boy threw the sword to the side as he hugged his companion. "Oh please Mercury! Don't die on me! Please!!"
In response, the dog let out a weak whimper as he licked his master's face. Slowly, ever so slowly, the dog's heart tests slowed, till it was no more.
"No. Nononono! WHY! WHO WOULD DO THIS!!" Arthur sobbed as he clutched his pet's lifeless fur.
"I would." Said a thick Russian voice behind the boy. Turning around, the boy's eyes widened. "Santa??" He said in a chocked sob.
"Da. You are Arthur, right?" The man asked, his thick white beard swaying as he did so. The man was tall and burly with a large belly and large beard. Blue eyes glanced down at the boy in curiosity, whilst a large hand gripped an even larger sack. The sack full of presents for good boys and girls. A huge sword lay in a scabbard at his side.
The boy nodded and quaked. This man radiated fear and distrust. The man took another step forward, which made the boy cry out and crawl away.
"No need to be afraid, da? You will go to good place. Like Mama and Papa and little girl. Like doggie, da?" The man smiled creepily as he took another stepped forward, abandoning his sack.
"You killed them all?!" He gasped in shock.
"They did not believe. You don't either. So you go to place up there. Da, that is a good idea." The man now had the boy cornered. Still smiling, he unshiethed his sword and raised it above his head.
"Night, night little boy. Next time, remember to believe. Sweet dreams!" He laughed -a great booming noise- before lowering the blade in one fell swoop.
Arthur's last thoughts? This isn't real. I must be dreaming.
Oh, and by the way. You must be wondering how I know this. I was there. I was little Jane. He killed me first.
So remember:
Don't stop believing. It may get you killed.
Remember that cute little Easter Bunny short story I wrote a while back? Well, I thought, since it was so much fun to write, i'll do another! Fun, right? This is another cute little fable made into reality. How about a demented version of...I don't know....Cinderella? The Little Mermaid? Sleeping Beauty???
No. No, those won't work. How about.....hmm let me think here....the Tooth Fairy? No, wait. Santa!! That's it!
I'm gonna do jolly old Saint Nick. Let's get started shall we??
Another Beginning. Another End.
Arthur was a good ten year-old. His mother worked in law and his father was a novelist. Both his parents made good money and lived in a two story colonial in Virginia. Arthur had a Labrador named Mercury and a little sister named Jane.
"Hey mom? Can I open one of my presents?" He asked. You see, tomorow was Christmas. That made today Christmas Eve. Arthur, being the hyperactive ten year old he was, was itching to find out what lay under the tree. But his mother, of course, said no.
"Dear, go and get the mail please." His mother responded. That meant -to little Arthur at least- no.
Pouting, the boy grabbed the keys off the hook on the wall and begrudgingly walked towards the front door. "Alright mom. I'll be back in a minute."
"Man. I really wanted to open at least one of my presents. Wonder what they got me? Maybe a toy gun like I asked for last year? Or maybe a new pair of trainers? Or maybe a new dog! A friend for Mercury perhaps?" Arthur wondered as he unlocked the mailbox. Sliding out a pile of letters and bills, the boy made his way back to his home. "Hey,why can't I open one of my presents?? Maybe because they don't want little Jane to be jealous? That's it! I'll open my present tonight, when everyone's sleeping. Then Jane won't be jealous and Mom won't be mad! Perfect!"
The boy skipped into his house with a wide grin on his face and a plan in mind.
"All right. Everyone's asleep. Time to go." Arthur peeked out his doorway, clad in his flannel pajamas and a pair of glasses askew on the bridge of his nose. His unruly blonde hair stuck up in all directions and his green eyes glanced around in fear. "Hope no one sees me."
Mercury thumped his cream-colored tail and trotted out of his master's room, making quiet huffing noises as he did so. Arthur followed suit, fixing his glasses and hair in the process.
The boy stopped at the top of the stairs. A voice in the back of his mind chastised him as the boy stared down the stairwell. Don't do it! Your mother will kill you if she find me out. And trust me, she will! So please, turn back!
Mercury, having already trotted down the first set of stairs, glanced up at his master with creamy dark brown eyes. Doing a dog version of a shrug, the dog continued down until he was out of site. Arthur was alone.
"ARF-"
Mercury's noise of alarm was cut off, turning into a gargled growl at the end. Arthur, being the reckless ten year-old he was, began slowly slipping down the stairwell, his footsteps muffled by the carpet. "Mercury? What happened? Are you alright?" He called as he reached the bottom of the stairs.
The boy peeked around the empty doorway that lead into the living room. "Oh dear God!"
Mercury lay in his dogbed, which used to be a pale cream. Now, it was a dark pink. Blood poured from a stab wound in the dogs neck, from which a long blade protruded from. Mercury, who was still alive, whimpered and weakly failed his paws. Alas, it was in vain.
"Mercury!" Arthur whisper-yelled as he ran over to his beloved pet. Sliding down next to him, he yanked out the blade. Retching and crying, the boy threw the sword to the side as he hugged his companion. "Oh please Mercury! Don't die on me! Please!!"
In response, the dog let out a weak whimper as he licked his master's face. Slowly, ever so slowly, the dog's heart tests slowed, till it was no more.
"No. Nononono! WHY! WHO WOULD DO THIS!!" Arthur sobbed as he clutched his pet's lifeless fur.
"I would." Said a thick Russian voice behind the boy. Turning around, the boy's eyes widened. "Santa??" He said in a chocked sob.
"Da. You are Arthur, right?" The man asked, his thick white beard swaying as he did so. The man was tall and burly with a large belly and large beard. Blue eyes glanced down at the boy in curiosity, whilst a large hand gripped an even larger sack. The sack full of presents for good boys and girls. A huge sword lay in a scabbard at his side.
The boy nodded and quaked. This man radiated fear and distrust. The man took another step forward, which made the boy cry out and crawl away.
"No need to be afraid, da? You will go to good place. Like Mama and Papa and little girl. Like doggie, da?" The man smiled creepily as he took another stepped forward, abandoning his sack.
"You killed them all?!" He gasped in shock.
"They did not believe. You don't either. So you go to place up there. Da, that is a good idea." The man now had the boy cornered. Still smiling, he unshiethed his sword and raised it above his head.
"Night, night little boy. Next time, remember to believe. Sweet dreams!" He laughed -a great booming noise- before lowering the blade in one fell swoop.
Arthur's last thoughts? This isn't real. I must be dreaming.
Oh, and by the way. You must be wondering how I know this. I was there. I was little Jane. He killed me first.
So remember:
Don't stop believing. It may get you killed.
WAIT WHAT WAIT AAAAH
ReplyDeleteSTOP RUINING MY CHILDHOOD
DeleteIf I didn't, who would?!
ReplyDelete*Insane laughter*
WHA-I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING
ReplyDeleteJUST WAIT TILL YOU SEE HER ONE ABOUT THE EASTER BUNNY!
DeleteAHHHHH I JUST DID OH THE PAIN, RIGHT IN MY CHILDHOOD!!
Delete