Jay - Day 309 (Marathon Information! (Not Really, Just More Story Parts))
Hey readers! I haven't posted Secrets and Dreams in a loooooonnngggggg time! Gomen! It's just for a while, I started doubting my writing skills and I went through a period of writers block. But I got over it! So, here yah go! Enjoy!
Part Three
((Hey guys! So, Jordan's been introduced....yeah...he's cool. For now...*Maniacal laughter ensues*...ehem, sorry. Oh, and to catch you all up, I'll be doing a marathon...yay! So, see you in the next post! Bye!))
Part Three
The other girl lets out an exasperated sigh and motions to the group. “Looks like I'll be handling introductions,” She says as if nothing had happened.
“The guy that you beat up is Sam, a.k.a Nova or Bucket Head. Preferably Bucket Head. The blondie is Danny, a.k.a Iron-Fist. The other brown haired boy is Peter, or Spider-man, as we all know him as. Then there’s Luke, a.k.a Power-Man. Finally me, Penny, and Ava. White Tiger and Aquaria. Sorry for all the a.k.a’s.”
I just nod numbly and pull myself up again. I’m not a weakling, after all. I can’t look like this in front of my new team. Finally, the boy Penny calls Spider-man lets go of Ava’s arm and she runs up and embraces me. I just stand there, frozen. “Is your brother named Jordan? I heard you talking about him in class.”
I look at her and nod again. I expect that she’s going to look him up in the index, like S.H.I.E.L.D. people usually do. Instead she takes my hand. “C-Can we meet him?”
I smile at that and nod, a bit more excited now.
A little while later:
We reach his grave and I smile, a little grimly. “Well here it is. Here is Jordan’s grave..”
“So...He is really buried here?” Nova asks as he hovers in the air.
“No. He was a superhero and died in action. His body was never found....”
Ava lets out a choked sob. “I-I'm so sorry!”
“No need.”
Peter looks at me, a bit quizzically. “What was his hero name? If he was a good hero maybe we could learn a thing or two from him? Good or bad...”
I look up at him, my head cocked to the side in deep thought. Would it really be a good idea? They may learn things better left undiscovered. Well. as Jordan once quoted, nothing ventured, nothing gained!
I look at the team, Ava sniffing. Sam hovering, a little sad looking (but mostly grossed out). Luke, ever the quiet. Danny, meditating, or something. Peter, hopefully waiting my response. And the ever mysterious Penny. So much like me really.
Smiling weakly, I take a deep breath. “His hero name, you say? Well, it’s Sorcerer, obviously!”
We get back to the Tricarrier in the next hour and Spidey looks up my bro in the Carrier’s files. Usual SHIELD lapdog. The rest of us stand around and pretend to be doing something helpful. We soon realize how hard that really is. Especially for Nova.
He first tried to fiddle with a computer but ended up frying its circuits. Then he tried sifting through papers but you can guess what happened. His breaking point for boredom was in sight. He’s like my brother in that way. Easily distracted. Or at least, he was.
“I’m BORED!” he cried out after 15 looong minutes.
“What should we do about that?” White Tiger responded, ever sarcastic now that she’s not emotional.
“I dunno, make this less boring?”
“Oh really, should I wave my magic wand and summon up a white rabbit to entertain you?” That was me. It was an obvious fear, really. Something about the way he acted.
“GAHHHH?!?!!? WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!”
Stepping up to him, I smile wickedly. I had found his weakness without even having to try. Finally I’m inches from his face. “I said white rabbits. Do you want me to pull a white rabbit from a hat? Cuz, I learned to do that in grade school.”
He shivered and backed away, shaking his head frantically. Lucky for Nova’s sanity, that’s when Web-Head came up with little bro’s file. (Little as in 4 minutes and 17 seconds! I made sure to bug him about it when we were younger!)
“Okay, here it is! Found it!” he said proudly as it popped up.
Name:
Jordan Conway
Secret Id:
Sorcerer
Birthdate:
6/29/99
Description:
Black-Blue hair, Blue eyes
Height:
6’3
Weight:
132
Missions Completed (Successful):
22
Missions Completed (Failed):
13
Companions:
Soul
Known Residence:
Brooklyn, NY
Known Family:
Mage (Sister)
Known Enemies:
Goblin, Mystique, Magneto, Mysterio, Sabertooth, Loki, Circus of Crime, Warlord
Location:
51st Brooklyn, New York, Planet earth
“Location?” Nova asks, always the dumb one.
“Where he is right now.” Peter and I say in unison. Chuckling, we stare at the included map. A flashing red light shows where he is located. Then it dawns on me, as it does on everyone else. I turn to Peter and he looks at me in shock.
“Jor- Sorcerer is still alive and...moving.”
I stare at the little red light, my eyes welling up with unshed tears. My brother was alive. Truly alive. I smile and reach out to touch the screen but before I do, it goes black.
“Power went out,” Luke comments. No dip, sherlock.
Whipping around, I look at Nova accusingly. “What did you do?”
“N..Nothing! Honestly!”
Scowling, I look at the blank screen. My mind is filled with thoughts, daydreams. All of them about Jordan. The smile leaves my face to be covered with a look of grim determination. This can’t really be Jordan...he’s been dead for a year now.... “So, how ‘bout we go to 51st St., Brooklyn?”
We change into more teenagerish clothing and begin prowling the streets. Making Sam the navigator was a very, very bad idea. “Here we are!” He says with a flourish.
We stare down the alley way, identical looks of disgust on our faces. “Ummm..”
“I-We don’t think this is the right street Sam,” Said Penny, finishing my sentence. “This looks like a dingy alleyway rather than a street in Brooklyn.”
He looks at the alley, a look of confusion on his face. “B-But the map.”
I peer over his shoulder and realize something. I let out a bark of laughter so loud that even Penny, so calm and composed, jumps. “I-It u-up-s-side--do-onw!” I say in between fits of laughter. I don’t think they understood me.
Everyone gives me looks of confusion. “Uhh, repeat that maybe?” Danny asks.
“Oh, w-well it's-the map - it’s upside down,” I say in a sheepish voice.
Penny and Danny both crowd around Sam. Followed by Ava, Luke and Peter. Everyone begins to laugh and giggle. “Wow, Sam. And look who said he was a ‘great’ navigator.”
Luke chuckles and makes quotation marks in the air. Sam’s cheeks flush with embarrassment and he quickly fixes his mistake. Everything goes into silence for a while. At least, as silent as a busy New York Monday can get. What with all the cars honking at each other and people arguing, it wasn’t all that silent. But I’ve made my point.
We eventually make it there and as I guessed, it looked like any other Brooklyn street. Narrow, with buildings lining both sides. Most were the types that had two stories. The first being stores and the second being living areas. But there were a few apartment buildings and one or two single story homes. The team split up to search the area, and about ten minutes later, my fancy S.H.I.E.L.D watch started beeping. What now??
UUHHH!!! Jay- I mean Mage! There's this weird dude with blueish hair following me! He’s really creepy and won’t say a word. If this is Jordan then he is a total WACKJOB! Mage get over here NOW! What what are you doing!?!?! Stay back! Stay ba-
I stare in shock at the watch, a frown etched on my face. This was most definitely NOT good.
I call the team and at first they are skeptical but they eventually agree to meet up at the end of the street. “What took so long? You do realize that Bucket-Head got kidnapped right?”
“Well it's hard walking through the streets of Brooklyn!” Penny, Luke and Danny say in unison. We all burst out laughing. I’m the first to stop.
“If my brother did kidnap Nova, it would be for fun. He loves to prank people. It’s like his life’s goal. Before he died, that is.”
“So shall we get started?” Iron Fist asks, as if they do this every day. I realize, they probably do.
Cracking my knuckles, I shrug and turn to the street. “Yep I guess we shall....”
I walk down the street my head shaking from left to right, scanning every inch of 51st St.
Concentration radiates off of me in waves. I’m concentrating so hard, I don’t notice the black-haired blur dropping from the sky…
“GAHHHH?!?!?!?” I scream in surprise and confusion. I was squashed by a very large something, something that was generating a lot of noise and made all the team members scream. The heavy weight doesn’t leave my back and I try to push it off. But my efforts are in vain.
The weight leaves me (finally), making me choke on air that suddenly became available to me. As I sigh in relief, a hand enters my field of vision. I accept it and I’m pulled up by a surprising strong person. I expect to see Luke or Peter helping me but almost fall back down when I see the person. A girl I recognize all too much stands in front of me, hands on her hips and fangs out.
“Jessie.” I snarl, equally vampire-ish.
“Hey! You remember me, eh?”
Scowling, I turn and start walking again, but now my efforts are rushed, frantic. I really want to get away from this girl. But instead of leaving, Jess and her old team, my new team, just follow me. “I thought you might need my help so here I am!” She says in a chirpy voice.
Bleh. She acts perky at the worst of times…
“I’m kinda busy, if you know what I mean.”
She just shrugs and follows, now walking backwards. That’s when I notice a bike rack coming up. Perfect! I think with glee. Snickering I say in an obvious voice, “Hey Jess, I was wondering can you turn around...now?”
As she turns around she almost falls onto the rack but stops herself. Smiling sweetly, she glares at me. Not a good combo, in my opinion. “You thought that could trip me? Ha! I have stone pow-”
That's when Nova slaps his hand down across her mouth, having flown out of nowhere. Eyes wide and angry, she kicks him expertly in the knee, sending him sprawling backwards across the pavement. I’ve seen Jess in action though...anybody else have tackled her like that and they wouldn’t have lived till the morning. Or for another thirty seconds.
“I thought you were kidnapped??” She snaps.
“And I thought you were training!!” He says back.
I look at Nova to realize that he is unscathed. Smiling, I walk over and help him up. “So?! You found Jordan?”
I bounce on the balls of my feet, waiting for his answer. A minute goes by. Then another. Soon everyone is laughing, hands attempting to cover smiling faces.
“What is everybody laugh-” I stop when I feel a hand on my shoulder.
“Yeah, well I kinda found him really. So...yeah... about being dead....”
Turning, I stare at the teenager standing behind me. He’s sheepishly scratching the back of his neck, attempting to hide the smile on his face.
“J..Jordan??”
“Hey Jayce long time no se-”
His sentence is stopped when I punch him in the gut, sending him flying to the ground.
“Why you little...” I growl, rage building up again.
“Hey calm down, I had a good-”
I land on top of him, crushing him in a hug. After a second, he hugs me back.
“Hey sis.”
“Hey little bro.”
He lets go and pushes me away. Standing up, he brushes his shirt, even though it’s spotless. An annoyed look now dominates his face.
“I told you not to call me that!” he whines. “It’s Sorcerer!”
Chuckling, I pat him on the back. “Well, you are younger!”
“And you're more annoying!”
“Well, look who’s embarrassed! Mr. Emotionless!”
He scowls in my direction, but the look on his face leaves when he looks at me. He walks up and lets his favorite ‘Mr. Know-It-All’ look emerge on his face. That's when Peter decides to ruin our reunion. But by now that seems normal.
“Sooo, can someone EXPLAIN WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!?!?!”
Jordan turns and looks at him in surprise, then shrugs. “We should head to the Tri-Carrier first.”
((Hey guys! So, Jordan's been introduced....yeah...he's cool. For now...*Maniacal laughter ensues*...ehem, sorry. Oh, and to catch you all up, I'll be doing a marathon...yay! So, see you in the next post! Bye!))
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!