Noelle - Day 317 (The Winter Soldier is Back!)

Hey everybody!
How is everybody doing on this wonderful Wednesday?  I hope you are doing well!  (GOOD AND WELL ARE DIFFERENT!!!  That's a shout out to Studio C fans who know what I am talking about...if not, look up Captain Literally/the Grammar Avengers)

So I did say that I was going to be posting something Minecraft-y today, but a change of plans has occurred!  I remembered that I started posting my Winter Soldier story, and I thought I should post more.

Since this story part mentions some character that you guys don't know, let me just explain really quick.  Jess, once the RMS series is over, collects kids that need a home (she calls them strays) and helps them out.  The kid/teenager mentioned in this story is Adrian, a blue-haired teenager that ran away from home.  He has the ability to charm anybody (although he really isn't a main character in this story, nor does he use his ability)

Anyway, with the explaining aside, to the next story part!  (and of course our daily will feature Bucky today)

(Management would like to point out that this is a fan fiction:  Noelle does not own or claim credit for Marvel characters, and this will probably go against the cannon ending of Captain America: Winter Soldier)

The Winter Soldier (Part 2)

JACKIE pulled up smoothly in front of the Tower’s gate way, and she walked in briskly.  JARVIS informed her that Clint was up in the med bay, which was odd for him.  He hated admitting he was injured, just like her.  She sped up.

Pushing the door open, she muttered into the darkness, “Clint?  Where are you?”  She walked in a few steps, only to be yanked back in a choke hold.

“Good, you came,” Hawkeye muttered in her ear.

Jess struggled for a few moments, then realized that Clint wouldn’t do this unless he had a good reason.  “Let me go,” She snapped, forcibly not kicking him in the gut like her instincts told her too.

“Who’s side are you on?” he demanded.

She blinked.  And then started struggling again.  Unfortunately, Clint was a lot bigger than her, and Jess was in no condition to fight.  “What the heck, Barton, what does that even mean?”  In truth, she doubted that this was really her mentor, but was actually some kind of trick.  He would never- unless- nah....

“You’ve been a spy before,” he growled. “Now, I’ll ask you one more time. Who’s side are you on?”

“Clint!”  She kicked him hard in the foot.  “That was years ago!  And besides, you were a spy for Loki too.  Now, tell me what’s happening!”

He released her, wincing and rubbing his foot. “Sheesh, did you have to kick so hard?” he muttered, before answering her question. “S.H.I.E.L.D. is collapsing. Hydra was never defeated, they’ve simply been in hiding, infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D. this whole time. You… didn’t know?”

Jess clapped a hand over her mouth.  “Omigosh Danny!!  Have you heard from him?”

Hawkeye rolled his eyes and flicked on a light.  “That’s what you’re focusing on right now?  Where have you been, under a rock?”

“He’s my husband, of course I’m going to worry about him.  And also, har har har, no I haven’t been under ground.  I’ve been...ah...camping.”

He raised an eyebrow.  “This is making me trust you less and less.”

“It’s classified, I’m sorry,” Jess said.  “Okay, so let me get this straight, Hydra, the spy organization that Cap shutdown, has infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D. and you were checking to make sure I wasn’t one of them?”

“Yep,” He said with a nod.  His voice uncertain, he added, “You’re not, right?”

Jess sighed.  “If I was evil, I would not work for Hydra.  They’re idiots.  Correction - idiots that have infiltrated the supposedly most secure organization on the planet.  Who do we know we can trust?”

Clint shrugged.  “Tony’s trying to find Fury - rumor has it that he’s dead.  Thor is in Asgard, of course, and Banner took the kids and your strays out of town.  Except for Adrian, I thought he would be helpful to have around,” He said, carefully avoiding the last two Avengers.

“Barton...” Jess said in a warning voice.

“...We haven’t heard from Cap and Nat.”

Jess processed all of this, her mind already analyzing and whipping up a survival plan.  “Where’s Adrian?”  She questioned Clint, who she realized was bleeding.  A lot.  “Nevermind, scratch that, what happened to you?”

Clint looked down, as if he was just realizing he was injured. “Oh, I got in a little scuffle with some Hydra. It’s not… anything too bad. Anyway, I haven’t seen Adrian in a while, but he was upstairs, refusing to leave until he saw you, last time I checked.”

“Dang he’s stupid.  I’ll go find him; you get that bandaged up.  The last thing we need is an injured archer,” Jess said in a very business-like manner.  Another day, another crisis.

Clint nodded, then said, “You might want to check the perimeter, too. Hydra’s everywhere; if they can infiltrate the helicarrier, then they can get in the Tower.”

“You kidding me?  The helicarrier is easy to break into,” She said brightly, but on the inside her brain was screaming for coffee.  “I’ll start with the perimeter, be back soon.”

§§§

[since it's been a while since the last time I posted one of these, here's a link to the first part]

That's all for today, folks! Thank you for reading, and comment if you think I should post more! (I probably will even if you don't comment lol)

And now for our daily, sponsored by Bucket Head's Buckets, a good helmet for idiots around the world! (Sam: HEY!!)

Pictures like this REALLY make me want to do a fem!  Bucky cosplay...I've decided to do a Cap cosplay first and then do something cool with the shield.  But that has to wait for a while, because we're moving and all that.  :(

Comments

  1. I WANT MY HOME TO BE MADE OF SCOTT STERLING'S FAACCEEE!!!!

    (:p)

    *Poofs away*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)