Noelle - Day 315 (More Survivors!! Yay!)
Hi guys!
Before you start complaining, let me get something straight - I am POOPED from move prep, school, and just life in general, and I'm really trying to get my book mostly done before I move (not going to happen, but I can try) Posting Survivors parts is about the easiest thing to do for blogging, and one day, when I have time, I will do real posts...like tomorrow. Or not. I dunno.
Anyway, enjoy!
Teleporting into Ukraine wasn’t any easier than Kazakhstan, even though Jess and Sam were braced for it this time. Jess glanced around. Salt air, verrrry distant mountains, and a bustle of a small port city surrounded her. It had only been a day since she had been near this many people, but her face contorted at all the mixed rock signals.
“Okay, but I know that’s not all that she said.”
Before you start complaining, let me get something straight - I am POOPED from move prep, school, and just life in general, and I'm really trying to get my book mostly done before I move (not going to happen, but I can try) Posting Survivors parts is about the easiest thing to do for blogging, and one day, when I have time, I will do real posts...like tomorrow. Or not. I dunno.
Anyway, enjoy!
The Survivors (Part 52)
Teleporting into Ukraine wasn’t any easier than Kazakhstan, even though Jess and Sam were braced for it this time. Jess glanced around. Salt air, verrrry distant mountains, and a bustle of a small port city surrounded her. It had only been a day since she had been near this many people, but her face contorted at all the mixed rock signals.
“You okay?” Blue said from somewhere above her. Jess nodded and glanced upwards to see Echo wearing a nearly identical outfit as Red’s, but in inverse colors. Her lime green and turquoise-streaked hair swayed to the side in the wind, revealing sparkling grey eyes that you could barely see usually. She wasn’t smiling, but she looked so happy in her armour that Jess couldn’t help grin along.
“Don’t we have an enemy base to invade or something?” Red demanded.
“Oh yes. Let me think...I was looking through the store names yesterday and saw I guy...I recognized his name. Dangit what was it?!”
Red made a face. “Just try to think so we can get a move on.”
“Oh! Anton Bessnov! He runs a flower shop on the edge of town, and I remember that because he used to be a crime fighter like six or seven years ago, we had a few run-ins.”
Blue stared at her. “Katy, six or seven years ago you would have been like ten.”
“Well yeah...what is this thing people have with my age anyway?! Honestly. If anybody in this town knows anything about anyone, Bessnov would. I doubt he’ll recognize me anyway.”
They quickly found the flower shop that Jess was talking about, but found to their horror that Anton wasn’t there; his partner, a grumpy old man, was starting to yell at them in an unintelligible language when Jess gave a soft “oh” and said something that sounded like, “Vee hoevoritee po-anhlis’ky?”
Whatever that meant.
The guy stopped shouting and said, “Ni. Ah u vas?”
Jess looked a bit confused, like she was struggling to remember the words, then said, “Hi ha noty. Tse moyi druzi. Duzhe nerozumno. Oz chormu vonee nosyat dyvnu odyah.”
“Chim ya mozhu vam dopomoty?” The man asked, smoothing his apron. Sam stared - how many languages did Jess speak anyway?
Jess pulled a picture out from her pocket - nobody asked where she had gotten it from - and said something like, “Laska, vee znayete tsiu leudinu?” Her face was frowning, like she was desperate to find something (or someone) but Sam knew better. She was acting for this guy.
The flower shop man nodded pleasantly and said, “Vin maye majazin po vulitsi. Dava levik ee pravo. Udachee v drunykh druziv!” He waved as they walked away, smiling and shaking his head.
“What did you say to him, Jess?” Sam demanded as soon as they were out of earshot.
She grinned and said with a heavy spanish accent, “Eso es asunto tuyo!”
Red leaned forward and whispered, “She said it’s none of your business.”
“Speak in English, Jess,” He muttered.
“Hay alguien siguiéndonos, y le dije al hombre que yo no hablo Inglés,” Jess said, keeping the accent.
“There’s somebody following us, and I told that that guy that I don’t speak english,” Elise translated.
“So?”
“Silencio, hijo.”
“Sil-”
“I don’t need that one translated, Red,” Sam said. “Where are we going?”
“Le pregunté acerca de esta foto. Es una foto de uno de los secuaces de Charles,” Jess said, keeping her eyes trained forward. Her words sounded like they were coming directly from a rapid-fire Spanish tourist. She continued on in a train of Spanish that Sam couldn’t decode.
Sam looked expectantly at Elise. “Um...” she said, confused. “You said it too fast, Jessica. Can you repeat it, slower?”
Jess did with much rolling of eyes and “tuh”-ing.
“She asked about a picture. It's a photo of one of the followers of Charles. Ricardo Perri. He...um, works...in Eastern Europe a lot. Flower shop guy said Ricardo works in a shop up the street. Jess doesn’t think it’s a real store. That's where we're heading, Sam.”
“Now can we all talk in English?”
“No,” Jess said stubbornly. “Vamos a encontrar Ricardo primero. Y si usted no puede darse cuenta de eso, entonces quizás usted debe aprender español como el resto de nosotros que lunkhead!”
“Wait wait wait, I think I got that one,” Sam said, putting his hand up to stop Elise from speaking. “Nope.”
“We’re going to find this Ricardo dude first.”
§§§
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to comment - I'd love to hear your critiques, and grammar edits are INCREDIBLY welcome (since apparently I don't even see them anymore because I've read through so much) I'm so glad that you like reading these (nobody has told me to stop, so I'm not) and here's our daily!
![]() |
| Okay not actually a daily but whatever...we all know that Marvel has a thing for #12...but did anybody notice....there are 12 fighters in Civil War...help I'm dying Bye! |

Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!