For All Authors!
Hey everybody!
I'm Noelle, the person that (probably) nagged you into being an author on this blog! You probably already know or have been taught how to post, but I have a few pro-tips for y'all, since I've been blogging longer and know a few Blogger secrets.
Tip #1: Avoid videos unless they're on Youtube. Blogger has a personal vendetta against uploading videos and will only do well if you upload from Youtube. Don't ask why, I don't know.
Tip #2: The way our "Popular Post" gadget is put together, it shows five posts. These posts are the most popular in the last thirty days (which is, at the moment, at least thirty posts, and probably more like forty) so having your post up there is kinda cool. You'll notice that the posts have a photo clip as well - so one of my tips is to have a picture in your post. The first picture you place in your post will be the one shown, so choose wisely!
Tip #3: For all G+ users, we have a community that we use to keep in touch as authors. It can be pretty helpful, especially if you're blanking on what to post or need somebody to pick up the slack while you go on a trip or something. Comment below if you want to be part of it!
Tip #4: If you have another blog, it might boost your readers count to have your blog listed in our "Suggested Reading" list. Let me know if you want yours up there!
Tip #7: Add a location to your posts! I'm not saying like your exact address (of course!!) but I always put New Jersey, USA. Since this IS International Bffs, it's cool to see where everybody is, and if you're on vacation you can tell people where! (Location settings are in the post side bar)
Tip #6: Try not to create new labels. For some strange reason, you cannot delete or hide unused labels, so PLEASE DO NOT CREATE EXTRAS!! My suggestion is to read through all of the labels on your first official post, and THEN, and only IF you know you will be posting about that thing for a long time (6 months+) then go ahead, but otherwise, PLEASE DO NOT CREATE EXTRAS!!!!
Thanks for reading and happy blogging y'all!
Note: If you are a reader and want to become a blogger, send me an email and I'll get your account set up!
I'm Noelle, the person that (probably) nagged you into being an author on this blog! You probably already know or have been taught how to post, but I have a few pro-tips for y'all, since I've been blogging longer and know a few Blogger secrets.
Tip #1: Avoid videos unless they're on Youtube. Blogger has a personal vendetta against uploading videos and will only do well if you upload from Youtube. Don't ask why, I don't know.
Tip #2: The way our "Popular Post" gadget is put together, it shows five posts. These posts are the most popular in the last thirty days (which is, at the moment, at least thirty posts, and probably more like forty) so having your post up there is kinda cool. You'll notice that the posts have a photo clip as well - so one of my tips is to have a picture in your post. The first picture you place in your post will be the one shown, so choose wisely!
Tip #3: For all G+ users, we have a community that we use to keep in touch as authors. It can be pretty helpful, especially if you're blanking on what to post or need somebody to pick up the slack while you go on a trip or something. Comment below if you want to be part of it!
Tip #4: If you have another blog, it might boost your readers count to have your blog listed in our "Suggested Reading" list. Let me know if you want yours up there!
Tip #7: Add a location to your posts! I'm not saying like your exact address (of course!!) but I always put New Jersey, USA. Since this IS International Bffs, it's cool to see where everybody is, and if you're on vacation you can tell people where! (Location settings are in the post side bar)
Tip #6: Try not to create new labels. For some strange reason, you cannot delete or hide unused labels, so PLEASE DO NOT CREATE EXTRAS!! My suggestion is to read through all of the labels on your first official post, and THEN, and only IF you know you will be posting about that thing for a long time (6 months+) then go ahead, but otherwise, PLEASE DO NOT CREATE EXTRAS!!!!
Thanks for reading and happy blogging y'all!
Note: If you are a reader and want to become a blogger, send me an email and I'll get your account set up!
I'm a G+ user, would you be able to add me, or do I need to?
ReplyDelete