Jay- Day 259 (More Secrets and Dreams I Guess..)

Well I had absolutely nothing planned for today...Jillian you got this covered? Noelle? Trinity? ANYBODY?!?!

Sigh...guess I should post some more M&M right? Why not. Well, here yah go. Have a good time reading and whatnot. I'm gonna go and practice for something...



Chapter 2..probably.


Man, of course he remembers...I slowly get to my feet (mentally facepalming) and walk up to the teacher’s desk. As I do, a few kids whisper among themselves.  I catch snippets of their conversations in low, sneaky tones.
“She has a weird name!  A boy’s name!”
“Ha, her hair is like all spiky and like, messed up!”
“I love her highlights! Wonder where she got them done.”
I sigh and clear my throat.  Bad idea.  Everyone turns (if they haven’t already) and stares at me, curious.  “As you have heard, my name is Jayce.  Jayce Conway.  I have been a Yorker all my life and live nearby.  I live alone and have a twin named Jordan.  And to answer your questions, yes he's a boy and no he does not go to this school.”
A few girls pout and look away, while I continue with, “I’m 16 and like anime, drawing, gaming and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't concern you.  I do a YouTube channel too.  Under the name of Mage.  So yeah, that's it!”  I finish my mini-speech and hurry to my seat, blushing. I notice a few guys staring at me - and not entirely at my face either. Ugh, boys.


Lunch Time, that Day:


I look around and notice a few empty tables.  I sit at one and pull out my sketchbook.  What?  You expect me to eat school food?  A minute or two later a group of kids sit at the other end of the table.  I ignore them and keep drawing. Mere minutes later I feel a tingling at the base of my neck, like somebody’s hand is there. I turn and come face to face with a blonde haired boy.
“GAAAH!!!”
He backs up; I compose myself. “I...I am so sorry! I didn’t mean to frighten you!” He says, a little frightened himself.  Probably ‘cause I screamed in his face.
I scowl and pick up my pencil from where I dropped it. “What were you doing anyways!?”
“Watching you draw.”
What a weirdo.  “Why?”
“Because you look like you were enjoying yourself.”
“And why did you care about me enjoying myself?”
“Because the key to happiness is to surround yourself with people with enjoyable qualities.  And patience.  Mostly patience.”
“And my quality is enjoyable?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
I give him one, long glare before returning to my work. I peek around my shoulder to see that he joined his friends. Good. Fortune Cookie left.  Suddenly they all get up and walk up to me. I officially hate karma. And jinxes...And anything to do with fate.
“Danny told us you're good at drawing,” says a boy with dark skin and broad shoulders.
I shrug and stand up, ready to leave if they continue bothering me. “So? What does it matter to you?”
“You’re new, right?” asks a girl with dark tan skin and long brown hair. All I do is nod. She smirks and leans forward. “Principal Coulson invited you?” she adds, enforcing the name Coulson.
I smile and nod again. “Yep.  And I actually know him quite well.  I work with him a lot.”
A surprised look crosses her face and she nods. “Um..cool.  Well, we will see you later!” She croaks as her friends walk away. I smirk and grab my stuff. Time for 6th period!
****
As we walk off, I turn back to stare at Jayce. She had picked up her drawing supplie and was walking out of the cafe. There was something weird about her. Like there was a secret she was hiding. A big secret. I just couldn’t figure it out yet...


Later that day:


I sit in his office, scowling at the wall. Why he asked me to come is a mystery. I hear the door open, but don't move. A set of gasps follow in its wake. Already guessing who it is, I turn around in my seat. I recognize them from earlier.
The chocolate haired boy, Sam, I think, stalks past me and glares at Agent Coulson. “What is she doing here!?!”  He points at me accusingly.
“She's your new teammate.”
“WHAT?!!”  They respond in utter shock.
“I told you - that’s exactly  how Jess introduced herself on the first day!  Nearly word for word!”  Ava says, triumphant.
“Except Jess actually talked!”  Says another, the wide-shouldered kid in the rear of the group.
“She did not, remember, that’s why I didn’t like her,” Sam shoots back.
Coulson cocks an eyebrow and nods along, amused.  They all turn to me and I let out a nervous laugh. “H..Hey guys! What's up?”  They just glare back. I can already tell that they hate me.
Half an hour later:


I stand in the meeting room, fidgeting with one of the leather straps that hold my blade. I look up when I hear footsteps. 6 teens walk in, trailing behind a tall african man with an eyepatch.  The big man himself.   All of them are complaining.
“Awww come on! We don’t need a new teammate!”
“Please we do not need a new teammate. We just got Penny a month ago!  And Jess like a year before that!”
“It was three years,” the blonde boy responds.
I just stand there, my face flushed in embarrassment. Suddenly I can’t take it anymore. “QUIET!!” I yell, furious.  I’ve had a lot of rage bottled up recently, and they we’re helping fuel it.  My new team turns and stare in shock at me. “Please, just be quiet. Your complaining is soo annoying!”
“Just like the fact that you're on our team!” Sam yells, also mad.  He sounds annoyed really.  Like I’m not important. “You probably don’t even have powers, do you?  You probably will get scared and run when the fighting starts!”
He goes on but I don’t hear him. I’m too angry. My tattoo appears around my left eye and I growl, wounded by the words I did hear. He stops and smirks at me. “Huh! Like your little tattoo is gonna scare me!  I’ve seen way  worse.”
“Sam!”  Somebody warns, but it’s too late. They only sound half-scared anyways.
I lunge like an animal and tackle him.  He lets out a gasp of pain and surprise as I start pummeling him.
“Just stop! You are like a gnat! Just buzzing and buzzing and never ending! Just quit it!” I yell as I slowly diffuse.  My fists slam into his face without me even ordering them to.  Eventually, I have to stop beating him up and gently get off of him.
“I..I am soo sorry! I..It’s just today is a really not the best day for me and I..I..” I stop stuttering when I see everyone staring. Sam has gotten up as well and was pressing a cloth against his bruised cheek. Where he got it, the world will never know.
“How is today a bad day?” He asks quietly, our feud having been put on hold. He actually sounds sincere. If only slightly.
Hiccuping, I respond. “Today...is my brother’s birthday..”
“Umm..i'm confused...how is your brother’s birthday sad??”
“W-Well..he's..d-d.....dead...” I whisper and sink to the floor.
The brown haired girl gasped.  She reaches out to hug me but another boy pulls her back. “Don't Ava.”

“Bu-but Peter!” He doesn’t move, he’s too shocked. Everyone seems the same.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)