Jay - Day 282 (More Of My Horrible Writing!)

Sorry bout that last post. I had been reading really sad Bianca and Nico headcanons. If you know what I mean, cheers. Tears, tissues, and me. That was why the last post was so....inspirational. I guess.
So yeah, life is still boring. I am going to see some family out in New York on Easter though....by the time this is posted, that will be past tense....*face palm*

Any who, i actually have no idea what this post is about. Huh, that's a first.  Oh, wait, I remember, you guys get to read more of my horrible writing. Yay.
So yeah, hope you enjoy and all that jazz. Read on, hope you puke for my horrible grammar. I just realized how bad I am at intros....oh well I'm tired.

I'm A Half-God!

Surprisingly, I felt no pain, well other than my head throbbing. I thought that should have stopped by now. Guess not.
I felt calm and oddly at ease with the situation.

You didn't believe that did you?

Really, I screamed and yanked the arrow out, too scared to care about damage. Feeling my now bloody midsection, I whimpered and fell to my knees. Tears streams down my face and I bit my lip in shock. Glacier, on the other hand, stood still and tapped his foot impatiently.


"WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!" I was shocked, no wait....I was confused. Extremely confused. How did I not feel any pain? Shouldn't I?

"You are the only living descendant of Balder. That's not surprising. He was indestructible. I guess you are too." Glacier rolled his eyes and helped me to my feet.

Gee, thanks for that valuable piece of information buddy.

"Ok. Explain." Percy scowled and pointed at us accusingly. I quickly raised my hands, showing my palms in surrender. Looks like Glacier's escape will take a while.



~~~~~~~~~

"I want an explanations too!" I sounded like a five-year old, but whose counting. I felt confused, frightened and altogether angry. Why wouldn't anyone explain!?

"Well...basically...could you two leave? I need to explain the situation to my friend Lyra here." Percy and Annabeth left slowly, almost fearfully.

"Now spill" I demanded, my voice echoing slightly.

Sighing, Glacier sat down before responding. "You might want to sit down though."

Scowling at his request, I grudgingly agreed and plopped down on the cot I had been sleeping in earlier. At my feet lay the arrow that had accidentally gutted me. But my head still throbbed and my body still ached. Life was a pain.

"Alright. First off, the gods are real. All of them, the Greeks, the Romans, the Egyptian..." He trailed off slightly, letting me comprehend the situation. Oddly enough, it felt natural. Everything came together. The dream, the goat-man, the painless arrow attack....it was like a puzzle that I had just found the last piece to.

"The Nordic gods are real too. Thor and Loki and Odin. All real. Now, occasionally a mortal, or gaintess or whatever, catches a god's eye. They get together for a while and most of the time, a demigod is created. A half-god, for example."

"So I'm a 'half-god'" I sounded weak, quiet. And I didn't like that.

"Sadly, yeah. The good news is that it gives you 'powers'. Bad news is that monsters will be after you now."

I let it all sink in, all at once. I had powers. Monsters were chasing after me. I was indestructible. It felt, oddly enough, cool. Like I was Superman or something. I was extremely tempted to jump up and 'fly' away, screaming- TO INFINITY AND BEYOND -at the top of my lungs.
But I didn't. I felt more responsible for my actions now, so I didn't.

"This is all too weird...let me just....yeah..."
 I ran. I know I was being a coward and all but I didn't care. This was all just....too weird. Yeah I got bullied, and beat and treated at dirt during my everyday life. And yeah, having superpowers would help with all that, but it couldn't be true. I had enough.

Someone, please wake me up. I starting to think this isn't a dream anymore.










((Alright I just decided to give you two chapters...good for you, more work for me. Whelp, be prepared!))



Almost Getting Eaten By Festus! (Whoever That Is.)

I run out of the tent, not even caring if I cry. I just keep pumping my legs and moving forward. My mom always used to say, "If you keep running backward, you'll never get anywhere!"

It's supposed to mean to kick your past behind you and keep moving forward in life. Mom...

She died a long time back. I was five. It wasn't a gruesome, horrifying death, nor was it related to drugs or alcohol. My mom called that stuff mini-demons. It's true too.

She just...left one day. I know she loved me and all, so I wasn't mad. A week later, they presumed her dead and I went into foster care. My life in a nutshell.

My mom....wow. She, in my eyes, was perfect. She was Hispanic like me, with a little Russian and Swedish in the mix as well. Her hair was a dark auburn and reached her shoulders, just like mine. But unlike me, she had the warmest golden brown eyes. So filled with joy.
She loved everything. And everything loved her. She would help anybody, so she became a doctor. I think she had a sister too. I'm not entirely sure. We didn't talk much about her side of the family.
She loved my dad. But she wasn't heartbroken when he left her before I was born. She once told me that the only thing she regretted about their relationship was that he never met me.

I miss her. Who wouldn't? All I know is that she went to a better place. I don't think she could ever end up there. You know, the bad place? H-e-double hockey sticks? Yeah. She was too nice to be there.

"How are you, up there?"

I had stopped in the middle of a forest, the leaves swaying softly in the wind. I sometimes talked to my mom, but not a lot. I always thought that it was like a voicemail I was leaving her. And my mom hated voicemails.
Sliding down a nearby tree, I let the tears, (that had only occasionally slid down my face), pour out. The fell in rivers as I planted my head in my lap. I felt like such a fool for even considering this could be real. Like really, how can a bazillion year old guy survive? It's impossible!

Sighing, I bury my head further in my lap. Hearing footsteps, I let out an almost inaudible growl. If that was Glacier....

"FESTUS!? DUDE I NEED TO GIVE YOU REPAIRS! FESTUS!"

I attempt to bury myself in the tree, to no avail. Man, why couldn't my dad be some tree god?!

Muttering under my breath words that even the scariest bullies would whimper from, I peeked around the trunk of the tree.

A boy stood in a small clearing, his hands cupping his mouth as he called out that name again. Festus.

He had short, curly auburn hair with tanned caramel skin. His eyes gleamed a golden brown and he had a faint frown on his face. But by the looks of his posture and facial features, I could tell he smiled often.

"FESTUS!? COME ON MAN! THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING!"

His clothes-which consisted of another 'Camp Half-Blood' shirt and a pair of jeans- were smeared with grease and oil. A tool belt lay lopsidedly on his hips and a hammer was gripped in one hand.

Hearing a whirring noise behind me, I turned, just to almost scream.

A giant dragon sat in front of me, his majestic body a shining bronze. It's eyes, which were slightly protruding from the creatures head, where a crimson color. While his body type was pure muscle and speed. He truly was a work of art.

The thing, or dragon, knelt down till he was eye level. The ridges above his eyes quivered and his mouth opened slightly, showing rows of razor sharp teeth. I could've run, but I would probably be eaten. Or was this beast a vegetarian?

It leaned forward and grabbed my shirt between its teeth, letting out another set of quiet, robotic noises. Pulling back up, I was soon feet above the forest floor, leaving me to cry out and grab hold of the nearest thing I could. Which just happened to be the dragon's tooth.

Looked like he wasn't vegetarian after all.

"Festus! There you are! Hey what's that in your mouth?"

Looking down, I saw the boy only about five feet below me. So this dragon was Festus..

Feeling kind of stupid, I looked down at the boy in annoyance. In return, he smirked and lazily waved.

"Hola chica!" He sounded Hispanic. Greeatt!!

"Could you let me down!?"

"But you look so cool in Festus's mouth!"

"Geez thanks! I'm Lyra Valdez. You?"

He looked shocked, but answered softly.


"Leo. Leo Valdez."







((Okie! Hope you enjoyed and all! Here, have some heartbreak!!))

Comments

  1. Also, I really like your fan fiction so far, if you ever want to write something together let me know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Maybe we can collaborate on something soon?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)