Jay - MAGNUS CHASE STORY THAT HAS NO NAME!

Well...you all seem well...I, in fact, am drowning in sorrow. All of my Avenger's High stuff is gone....POOF! GOODBYE HOURS OF WRITING! So yeah....I got nothing...how bout a random Magnus Chase short story thing that I might probably won't continue...ok? Ok. Here we go.

Me And Glacier Start A Sword Fight In A Dunkin' Donuts (Not My Fault...)

You know those times when your walking home and you get those i'm-being-watched-by-a-stalker tingles up you spine? Well, at this moment, I was getting that big-time. Mine was worse though. That was because it was most likely true, due to the fact I was walking through Queens at the time.

Oh, and if you didn't know, my name's Lyra. Lyra Valdez. Annoying Hispanic Extraordinaire. Well, at least by my friend Glacier's point of view. Glacier is my tall, blue eyed, white haired, bodyguard and best friend. Well, more like only friend. Basically, imagine a slightly taller, older Jack Frost and there's Glacier.

The tingles kept getting stronger. If this doesn't sound weird, (and it does), I felt like someone was...touching me? It was mega-ultra-pee-your-pants weird, so I edged closer to Glacier, who was walking beside me.

"Uh...Lyra? You ok?" His voice had always had a slight Scandinavian accent, so the way he talked was sometimes hard for others to interpret. But not me. I'd known him for years, so his voice sounded natural to me.
"Well..um...I got this feeling-"
"Jeez...not again!" Grabbing my upper arm in a vice-like grip, he began dragging me down the street, an annoyed look on his face.
I always got these feelings. Like when I was in danger, for instance. I would feel this...gut instinct. And it always helped. Last time I did it though, that almost got Glacier and me in jail. Not for the first time either. So now he holds some sort of grudge against me.
"Its not my fault! It's just that-"
"Wait." Now, Glacier cutting me off was normal, but this time was different. He sounded...scared? Nervous? I wasn't sure, but all I knew was that it wasn't good.
Pushing me behind him, he began rooting in his pockets for something. A tip about Glacier: he always has something useful in his pockets. Always. So when he started searching, I began thinking.
I had always had a knack for getting out of sticky situations. Didn't matter where we were, who we were with, or what we had, I made sure me and Glacier survived. He, on the other hand, made sure that we didn't get beat up to badly.
The only problem with my ability is it made me stop focusing on the area around me. So when a teenager around my age and a guy with leg braces confronted us, I was anything but prepared.

"Hey. You two."

The guy that said that was muscular, but not burly. His friend, the one with the braces, was lankier, and walked with a weird limp. The one that spoke was handsome, with black hair and sea green eyes. While the other, (who I deemed Leg-Brace Guy), had tanned skin, a goatee, and a mass of dark brown curls on the top of his head.

"Can we...um..talk? Possibly?" Leg-Brace Guy sounded trustworthy, but at the time, all my instincts screamed: RUN! HE IS THE ENEMY! RUN OR DIE!

"Sure. Why not?"



~~~~~~~~~~~

We now sat at a Dunkin' Donuts. Not very secretive for a meeting with a stranger but it'll do. My hands were holding a cup, well more like a vat, of steaming hot chocolate. I'm not a tea or coffee kinda girl. Too bitter.
Glacier, who looked a little too uncomfortable, held an iced latte, while Leg-Brace Guy and his friend both had weird drinks they called, 'nectar'. My first thought was, are that bees that can shape-shift? If they can, that's AWESOME!

"I'm Grover. And that's Percy." Leg-Brace Guy, who had introduced himself as Grover, pointed to the other guy with his thumb before taking a bite out of his cup.
Yep. He bit the cup. The cup literally had a chunk ripped off the side. Beside me, Glacier grunted and seemed to grip something in his pocket. The suspicious look on his face grew.
"We were sent to find you. Well that, or protect you from giants." Percy sounded slightly angry at the job, but I didn't mind. Really, who would want to protect us from...WAIT DID HE SAY GIANTS!?!? Before I could question this guy's sanity, Glacier beat me to it.

"They are called Jötnar. And we do not need help from you, Greek-spawn."

As he said that, he stood and pulled a chain from his belt. Well, it was chain. As he gripped it, it expanded into a 5-foot long staff, just a few inches shorter than him. At the end, another foot-long blade ended in a dangerously sharp point. Percy, who had been calm the entire time, stood and grabbed a weapon from his own pocket. Really, where are they getting these things from!?!

"Lyra. Run. If even they want you, then that means everyone from here to Helhiem is looking for you. I will handle them."

"But-"

"GO!"

Felling confused, I went to run out of the shop, but was stopped by someone grabbing my arm. Turning a full 180 degrees, I was met by the wierdest, and by weirdest, I mean weirdest sight I have ever seen.
Grover, who looked like a normal teen, had ditched his pants and had traded them for...goat legs? Instead of a pair of normal human legs, from the waist down, he was goat.

"WHAT THE-" But before I could finish, I was knocked unconscious by something hitting me from behind.








Enjoy that piece? If you want more, tell me so! Also, this is not 365 post stuff....so...yeah. Sorry Noelle!

Comments

  1. No problem, and I love it!! I haven't read Magnus Chase yet (getting there) but this sounds cool. Tip - if it's not a 365 Days post, you don't have to put your name before the post title. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)