Noelle - Day 269 (Six AM Reflections)
Hi everybody
It's Dead Week - i.e. 3rd quarter exam week - and I have zero sleep right now. Well, that's an exaggeration - I fell asleep at my normal time, 10:30/11ish, but woke up at 5 am and couldn't fall back asleep. It's early. I'm tired. Perhaps coffee could keep me awake, but that would have to mean that I wanted to/COULD fall back asleep. It's almost 7 and at this point falling asleep again would be mental suicide.
I saw the sunrise today, with all its rosy pinks and lavenders, accented by orange streetlights whose lightbulbs should have been replaced by now. The windows are splattered with droplets of water - it's supposed to drizzle until the afternoon - and the sky is one big color palette, stretching from gold to the left of my house and a deepish purple mint blue to the forest. The trees are pure black, twisted and a little frightening, although I have their outlines memorized.
Katherine keeps wandering past my desk, her tiny mischievous feet pattering on the carpet. Occasionally she'll get in a fight with Joey, and the YEOWLing noise of angry cats fills the house. Skoshi is still upstairs, anxiously awaiting her freedom. I can hear my parents preparing for the day. I am still sitting around in pajamas and a pitch black bathrobe that we had to get from the boys' section (all the girls' ones were absolutely useless and stopped above the knees) After all, it's a week day. Nobody is coming over until the afternoon.
My neck hurts. Somehow, I think I pulled a muscle just a little too much, studying for my Spanish exam yesterday. Or maybe it's just stress, revealing itself in the form of pain. Or maybe somebody hit me a little to hard with a dodge ball last week in gym. But probably not.
Perhaps you didn't find this post interesting; perhaps not. I feel awake now though, so you guys have made me happy by letting me write this post. It's five minutes to seven, and I'm still sitting in the dark, waiting for something (although I don't know what) and thinking deep thoughts as the sun slowly rises. I really should start my morning routine and kickstart my day; be a responsibly adult/teenager and do my schoolwork early; maybe respond to the dozens of emails I've been ignoring; or perhaps even go lay down and try to get some sleep so I don't burn out at 5:50 pm like I'm guaranteed to do at this rate. I should probably do all that.
But I won't.
It's Dead Week - i.e. 3rd quarter exam week - and I have zero sleep right now. Well, that's an exaggeration - I fell asleep at my normal time, 10:30/11ish, but woke up at 5 am and couldn't fall back asleep. It's early. I'm tired. Perhaps coffee could keep me awake, but that would have to mean that I wanted to/COULD fall back asleep. It's almost 7 and at this point falling asleep again would be mental suicide.
I saw the sunrise today, with all its rosy pinks and lavenders, accented by orange streetlights whose lightbulbs should have been replaced by now. The windows are splattered with droplets of water - it's supposed to drizzle until the afternoon - and the sky is one big color palette, stretching from gold to the left of my house and a deepish purple mint blue to the forest. The trees are pure black, twisted and a little frightening, although I have their outlines memorized.
Katherine keeps wandering past my desk, her tiny mischievous feet pattering on the carpet. Occasionally she'll get in a fight with Joey, and the YEOWLing noise of angry cats fills the house. Skoshi is still upstairs, anxiously awaiting her freedom. I can hear my parents preparing for the day. I am still sitting around in pajamas and a pitch black bathrobe that we had to get from the boys' section (all the girls' ones were absolutely useless and stopped above the knees) After all, it's a week day. Nobody is coming over until the afternoon.
My neck hurts. Somehow, I think I pulled a muscle just a little too much, studying for my Spanish exam yesterday. Or maybe it's just stress, revealing itself in the form of pain. Or maybe somebody hit me a little to hard with a dodge ball last week in gym. But probably not.
Perhaps you didn't find this post interesting; perhaps not. I feel awake now though, so you guys have made me happy by letting me write this post. It's five minutes to seven, and I'm still sitting in the dark, waiting for something (although I don't know what) and thinking deep thoughts as the sun slowly rises. I really should start my morning routine and kickstart my day; be a responsibly adult/teenager and do my schoolwork early; maybe respond to the dozens of emails I've been ignoring; or perhaps even go lay down and try to get some sleep so I don't burn out at 5:50 pm like I'm guaranteed to do at this rate. I should probably do all that.
But I won't.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!