Magnus Chase Story Chapter 2

So yeah. That's the new title to all these posts. They aren't gonna be 365 because figuring out the date is hard. That and I'm a lazy book nerd with no free time...(Oh hello Elena...What's that? You want me to come over? TOO BAD!)
These posts...Or chapters...Or whatever, will be at random days and random times. Sometimes at 12:00 am...possibly. You never know when creativity may strike. Like now! I only have about 3 minutes to post this sooooo yeah.

Also, post your favorite Percy Jackson/ Magnus Chase god or demigod. Mine's Hearthstone. That little elf is just sooo...*Starts rambling about empty cups, pethro, Blitzstone, and heather*

 I Find Out My Dad's Bald and My Uncle's Santa.



Of course I have to dream.


Now, I normally sleep without nightly disturbances. Seems like whatever godly force out there forgot. So now I'm stuck in a freezing cold dreamland with no friggin' idea how I got there.


"Whelp. This is just great, isn't it?"


"Yup! It sure is!"


Internally groaning, I turn, not surprised to see a blind guy behind me. Well, more like a huge, smelly, blind Santa. 

First off, the guy was gargantuan. At least 7 and a half feet tall, he towered over my miniscule height of five foot five. His eyes, which were a milky blue, seemed to stare intensely into my own. Not top mention the hair.
His beard reached down to his waist, and his actual hair, (which lay in a surprisingly immaculate braid), reached about the same length. All of it was a dark grey, streaked with lighter shades of the same color.
He was handsome, in a rugged, burly kinda way, but the reek he emitted made me look away, gagging. You could almost see the stench.
It was a mix of wet deer, rotten mint, and...mistletoe? I wasn't quite sure but it stank. Bad.

"So, you like my home, niece?" His voice was about as jolly as my old  parole officer and just about as warm as a chunk of ice. (And yes, I have had a parole officer. Twice. But it was never my fault. Promise!)


"You seem to." And he did. All he wore was a sleeveless animal fur jerkin and a pair of rough pants stuffed into boots. And not fur boots either. 

He chuckled, though it sounded more like a bellow, and clapped a hand on his knee. Like some old person.

Me, well I was freezing to death. Cool right?


"Your just like my brother! I would expect nothing less though. You are your father's daughter!"


He looked up and noticed my confused expression. It was hardly unnoticeable though. I looked like Ed from the Lion King.


"You..erm..you knew my dad? And wait....did you say niece? Does that mean your my uncle?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I looked him straight in the eye. Which was kind of hard, seeing how he was blind and all.


"Yes. Yes. And yes. I knew your father very well. He is my brother! Well...dead brother. I killed him."


I couldn't really make heads or tails of the situation. I was having major brain fart issues at the minute. One second he's all chummy and the next, he's saying he killed my dad!

Feeling more confused then mad, I asked the most logical question I could think of. Well, more like two questions.

"First off, who are you? Next off, WHAT!?"


Chuckling, he responded, though rather mysteriously. "I, niece, am your blind, godly uncle Hod. I keep winter in check. The cold is my domain. And your next question? Well, that's a tough one. Whatcha need to know kid?"


"What do I need to know?!?! Oh, how about, why am I here!?! Where is here!? And who's my dad!? And did you say god?!" Fuming, I take a step forward, every muscle in my body screaming: KILL HIM!


"Jeez. What do they teach mortals these days! Anyways...your here because I need to tell you something important. Shh. Wait till I'm done." I had just raised my hand on instinct, and he shushed me! "Also, your in Jotunhiem! One of my favorite realms, besides Midgard. For your...what was it? Third question? Yeah. Well, your dad's a god. My brother in fact. That should answer the next question as well. So know can I get on to the fun part?"


Scowling, I slowly lowered my hand. I was still hella confused, but I would have to deal for the time being. I only had one more question though.

"Who is my dad. His name please." It spilled from my frostbitten lips like water, and made my supposed uncle laugh.

"Balder. His names Balder kid."


Well great. Looks like I have a dad with a hair removal brand for a name. Great!!! (Did you catch that sarcasm? Cus I think China did if you didn't.)


"So what? My dad's an immortal bald guy that got killed by his brother?" Unsurprisingly, that isn't the weirdest thing I've ever said.


Sighing, my 'uncle' responded, "Actually, he has hair, he's very handsome. But the rest is true. Sadly."

He smiled and took a lumbering step forward, snow swirling around him. My body suddenly seemed to remember the cold and I shivered violently. The man's gaze seemed to soften and he smiled. Though it was hard to notice, what with his foot-long beard and all.

"I'll wrap this up quick then. I don't have much longer anyways. Bad WiFi and there is the fact that I'm in Helhiem..ANYWAYS!!! I was sent by my boss to give you a message-"


"Boss?"


"Yeah boss. Now, these people that captured you, they will try their hardest to make you join them. Don't listen. Run far, far away. Then, find your cousin, my son Glacier. He'll-"


"WAIT COUSIN!?!?!"


"Yes, I said cousin. You do know what that means right? So, find him, and he'll better explain the situation. Then, head to Boston. From there, either the boss or I will contact you. You got that?"


I was no genius, but I was able to wrap my head around the situation. If only barely.


"Umm...ok-" I was stopped by a tugging sensation in my stomach. It felt like someone grabbing the back of you shirt and yanking backwards.


"HAVE FUN NIECE!!" 


That was the last thing I heard...


















Before I died.


Comments

  1. No stress or anything but... MOAR

    NOW

    LOKI DEMANDS IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOORY IF I AM BURDENED WITH TOO MUCH GLORIOUS PURPOSE! Jeez calm your self! I am trying! Also, what do yah think? Too much? Too little?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's perfect amount

      I was wondering you mentioned that you're too lazy to figure out the date to make these 365 - but I'm going to fall behind without your help lol.

      Could you maybe leave these as drafts and I'll schedule them correctly??? Pleeeeeease?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)