Anna Leah - Day 331 (Attack of the Snack)

Alrighty everybody! So you may or may not have seen the story prompts that Noelle posted (if not, here they are!), and I have decided to answer the call! Two notes before we start: 1) Forgive the title, I know it's a bit corny (Teehee), and 2) Please keep in mind that this is my first time writing a story, and it might be terrible... NOW! On to the fun!

~~~~

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Dennis had woken up in a strange room, dazed and confused. "Where is everyone? Where am I?" As he looked around, all he could see was one color: gray.

 He started off to his right, but as he walked, the ground started making an odd sound. A clanking noise, not unlike that of metal. In fact, as he searched the room and felt the walls, he came to a conclusion: This room IS metal.

He didn't have much time to think about this, however, because the room was starting to grow warm. Too warm, and very quickly. Soon Dennis was sweating, and his feet began to burn. As he began to understand what would happen if the metal got hot enough, he screamed, " Help! Someone, please! Get me out of here!" His shoes were starting to smoke, and he knew he was a goner.

He had just resigned himself to a horrible death, when suddenly the roof flew upwards and disappeared. The room instantly began to cool down. Thank goodness, he thought. Maybe if I jump high enough, I'll be able to climb out. 


He prepared himself to leap, but was instead struck by a giant object. "Ah! My leg!" There was an eight-inch gash in his calf, so deep he could see the bone. There was no escape for him now. More objects started raining from the sky,  he was being pounded by them. His back, his arms, his head, pummeled by the--Corn kernels? Yes, corn kernels, head sized corn kernels, pouring from the sky! He marveled at their size, when all of a sudden, it hit him. This is no room; it's a pot! 

As the roof--or lid, as he now realized-- was placed back on top, the reality of what was about to happen dawned on him with a BANG! The first kernel had popped. "Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no! Help! HELP!" He was growing frantic. First two, then three, then ten of the kernels began exploding, releasing a resounding BOOM each time they popped. The sound was deafening, like hundreds of firecrackers going off by the side of your head.

After a few seconds, all Dennis could here was ringing, and his ear felt wet. He felt his ear and heard nothing, and when he brought his hand down his fingers were wet with blood. This is it. This is how I die. He watched the kernel next to his head tremble, and waited for the boom that would end his life.


Dennis woke up panting. It was all a dream, he realized. What a relief! He rolled over to go back to sleep, when he saw the giant popcorn kernel lying right next to his head.

~~~~
Scary Popcorn!!!
 
Well, you probably found that story pretty silly, but that's how I roll, y'all! Sorry if it didn't meet your "horror story" expectations, Noelle, at least I got to it before Jay! How dare you ruin fairies...

Anywho, tell me in the comments if you think I should write another story, or just stick to random ramblings! Toodle-loo!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. YAAAY! If you give out more prompts, I'll write more stories!

      Delete
    2. *evil smirk* I know what I'm doing today!

      Delete
    3. LOL I just saw the draft!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)