Noelle - Day 149 (Boringness)

Hello readers!
Can you believe we're almost to 150 posts in my three hundred n sixty five challenge?  I know, I can't believe it either.  :P

So I got nothing interesting today.  Nada.

Halp.



Oh, yes, I am at war with somebody in my homeschool group - and I need a signature (or affirmation that I can screen shot) that "puppies are better than dragons".  Don't ask, just sign in the comments!  :)  (It doesn't have to be your full name if you're not comfortable with that)

So anyway, this is the post of randomness.  You knew it was coming...and now?  It has...my precious....

Does anybody find it strange that I wrote a book, self-published it, and am now a 'real' author, and people still do that look when I say I'm writing a book.  You know the look, fellow teen writers, the, "Oh, that's adorable - let me guess, it's handwritten, three pages long, and has no plot line?  How cute."

Me:  -_-
Them:  What?  All kids want to write a book at some point from my experience.  I'm sure its just a faze they go through, you know what I mean?
Me: I wrote a book - not am writing, but wrote. (sigh)
Them:  That's cute - what was it about? (expecting rainbow unicorns?)
Me:  *rubs hands together* Actually, its about a girl with extraordinary powers, but forbidden to use them because of the safety of herself and others, and the plot is about the mental and physical damage she goes through because of said forbidding.  She also has to struggle through the dangers of high school, untrusting and untrustworthy friends, and the loss of all her close family.
Them: Uh- uh - um...
Me: I post my book in chunks on my blog, would you like to read it?
Them: (looking very relieved)  Oh, you have a blog?  How long have you been blogging (expecting a few weeks, tops)
Me: Four years this December.  If you want, I could connect with you on G+ for weekly updates on my writing and artwork, as well as the artwork of others.  Thoughts?
Them: *just walks away...*

So yeah, that's how I expect that conversation would go, or something like that.

To rephrase that, why is this such a hard concept?  Teenagers actually can be productive and creative without being forced via school assignment, and would...except society crushed them in expectations of being grouchy teens until their mid-twenties.  Bah!

I have very strong feelings on this subject....

Alright, thanks for reading everybody!  Don't forget to comment (puppies are better than dragons!  Spread the news!) and I hope you have a great day.

P.S.
StWD comic coming tomorrow!  :P

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)