Noelle - Day 135 (Even More Warriors)

HOLA!!
¿Como están? Muy bien!  :)  I'm back with the news that I've started work on book two, some goofiness from my life, and, of course, even more story parts from the ending of The Warriors.

Today was Sod Squad (my 4-H club) and we had our end-of-the-season bonfire.  We destroyed what remained of our gardens, pulled up about half a ton of dead, slimy zinnias (yes - slimy!  Also: guess who got to haul all them zinnias.  Certainly not with the help of the rest of the club, yours truly), and then bonfire time!

We roasted marshmallows and hotdogs (yum!) and then climbed all over the huge wood pile, which of course included sword fighting, falling into small dark places, and getting covered in thorns.  But its all good, because we got out End-of-the-Year pins too!  I, of course, got my two-year pins.  :)

Besides, than, my life is, bland, non-interesting, and vaguely boring.  Nothing cool to write about.  School, chores, dinner, sleep, repeat.

Random Marvel-based Story (Parts 85, 86, & 87)

“So much power that I’ve held back for so long!”  Jess’s horrible yells filled the night as she attacked Shadow.  They fought hand to hand as Jess roared out wordless battlecries.  All at once, Jess had Shadow by the throat and slammed her against the nearest crate.  “Where are they?!”

Shadow kicked Jess in the gut and vanished.  With practiced ease, Jess flipped up to her feet and rose into the air, her wings slamming air down in huge gusts.  “TELL ME!!!”  She thundered, filling the clearing with billowing dust.

“You won’t find them until it’s too late,” Shadow yelled mockingly over the wind.  “Tick, tick, BOOM!”  Her maniac laughs returned, filling the ears of the team.

Jess, apparently, did not find this funny in the slightest.  “You will tell me where they are - or else I won’t be so nice this time,” she howled.

Shadow stopped thirty or so feet away from Jess, still laughing head off.  “You were so easy to lead into a trap, so predictable!  Don’t you get it?  If I don’t put you out of commission, then Nick Fury will!”

Spider-man gasped in the background.  “Guys,” he hissed to his awestruck friends.  “Guys she’s...Jess is the Stone Dragon!”

“What?  You sure it’s not like Goblin Serum gone bad or something?” White Tiger whispered back, but the dawning comprehension in her eyes said otherwise.  “Omigosh my best friend was the Stone Dragon this whole time.”

Jess flapped down to earth, and her wings vanished.  Shadow stopped giggling in surprise, then burst out laughing so hard it was surprising that she wasn’t crying.  “I was told that you were smart, Dragon, but no, your plan was a stupid one.  Keep your powers hidden from the few people who could help you?  Destroy all your emotional bonds just to protect three little kids?”  Shadow slammed her fist into Jess’s gut again, but this time, she made no move to stop her.

“You didn’t even tell your teammates, and now, you’re reaping what you sowed.  They don’t trust you at all, and nothing you do can ever fix that.”

“Fight back, Jess!”  Spider-man called, regretting the words as soon as he said them.  The team stared at him.

“Yes, fight back, little Clara,” Shadow snarled.  “Be a good little girl and fight back.”  She struck Jess in the face again, making her doppelganger fall back onto the ground and very defeated looking.

Still, Jess did nothing, though her nose was bleeding and her all-grey eyes streaming with tears.  She pulled herself up off the ground, slowly, carefully, every movement a struggle.  Her voice filled with barely-contained emotions, she whispered, “I won’t...fight...my own sister.”

*******

“What?!”  Was the first thing that chorused out of the team’s mouths.

“What?”  Shadow echoed like a broken recorder.  “I’m not your sister, rat, and you know it.”

“What is it with you can calling me animal names?”  Jess said wearily, wiping the blood from her lips.  “I’m not going to fight my twin sister, Shadow.  I don’t care if she’s been brainwashed or filled with who-knows-what sort of ideas, but I won’t fight her.”

“I don’t have a sister,” Shadow whispered unsteadily.

Spider-man, with some hesitation, swung over to where the two girls stood and said, “Wait wait wait - you’re sisters, you’re the Stone Dragon, you’re Shadow, and Danny is WHERE?!”

Shadow looked frantically between the two teenagers standing in front of her and fell to the ground, clutching her head.  “I have a sister and he never told me?  Clara...I didn’t know it was you, I didn’t remember.  He never told me, Clair, he never told me.”  A tear slid down her cheek from under the black mask.  She ripped it off and threw it away into the darkness.

Jess knelt beside Shadow and whispered, “I’m so sorry Cece.  I’m so so sorry.”

“Sorry to break up this whole mushy-gushy stuff, but,” Nova hovered his way over and added loudly, “I’m so confused.  What just happened?”

“Kinda feeling the same way,” Spider-man agreed.  “Jess, what is going on?!  And also, you have superpowers and didn’t bother to tell us?!  We were your friends!!!”

“Were,”  Jess snapped and turned away from him.  “Where are they, Clea?”

Shadow/Cece/Clea looked at her and murmured, “Avengers Tower.”

********

“Wait!”  Shadow called as Jess stood up.  “I can’t let you go - he’ll kill me, Clair, he will!  Don’t leave me here!”

“Who will?  What is going on?!”  White Tiger snapped.  Shadow vanished and Ava flew back a few feet.

“Alright, that’s enough of that,” Jess/Clair said, her voice dripping with fury.  The moment Shadow reappeared, she was wrapped in stone like a cocoon.  “I won’t fight my sister, but you’re not going to hurt my friends.  Sorry, not sorry.  Now, I have to go fix the dumb mess you made before Avengers Tower goes boom.”

Spider-man nodded.  “I understand the Avengers Tower going boom part, but can you explain the whole Shadow is you twin-sister/you have stone powers/you’re NOT Shadow/where the heck is Danny parts of this conversation?”

Jess ignored him (again) and grabbed his webshooters off his wrists.  The stone slid smoothly off of Shadow, but she was quickly surrounded once more with webs.  “Sorry, Cece, but at this point I don’t really trust long-lost family members.”  She glanced at the team.  Her wings flapped out of nowhere and she jumped off the edge of the docks, skimming over the water to the city.

“Da heck!?”  Spider-man screamed after her.  “Come back here and explain things!  We want answers!  MENACE!!!”

“Isn’t that phrase usually reserved for you?”  Nova snapped scornfully and took off after her.  He quickly caught up with Jess and yelled over the whipping wind, “Jess, slow down!  Where are you going?!”

She didn’t even turn around, but pulled something out of her pockets.  Her suit transformed into her usual purple and gold, then she plummeted out of the sky, her wings tucked tightly behind her back.  “Jess!”  Nova howled in exasperation and copied her dive.

Suddenly, Jess seemed to vanish against the darkness of the roads below, and before Nova could react, something large and angry fell upon him, kicking him in the back.  “Get lost, Bucket Head!”  He heard before he began to fall to earth.



And that's all folks! See you tomorrow for EVEN MORE RMS!!! And stuff (like the weekly Steve the Wimpy Dragon Post)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)