Noelle - Day 147 (Zombie Tag Manhunt)

Hey hey hey!
I know, it's not my usual greeting of HIYA or HELLO but hey, life is short!

Speaking of which, I saw a funny quote today:  Tell somebody you love them, because life is short - but shout it at them in German, because life is scary and confusing.  (That would be pronounced Ick Leebah Dicsh or something like that)

Anyway, so like I said yesterday, I'm going to be detailing all our (NJ homeschooler's) favorite games, complete with tips and strategies.  Today's game?  Zombie Tag Manhunt.  Click the link below to read more!

So this is the preferred version of Manhunt in our homeschool group, because regular Manhunt takes at least 10 people, usually a lot more.  Zombie Tag Manhunt (from now on just call it Zombie Tag, k?) usually only takes about five people, and that's with a lot of ground to work with.  Let's start, shall we?

Basic Idea:  Be the last one alive.

Rules:  

  1. Start off with one "zombie" (the zombie does not have to walk around slowly)
  2. Zombie counts to ten, then the game begins!
  3. If you're tagged, then you're a zombie as well (no conspiring or refusing to play if you get tagged!)
  4. Best played in the fall, when there's lots of crunchy leaves to mess up the humans
What to do if you're a Human:
  • Get a good hiding spot.  Wait until the initial "wave" has started before moving (usually ends when somebody gets tagged, but sometimes the poor zombie ends up wandering around....)
  • DON'T.  TRUST. ANYBODY!!!
  • If you're a sprinter (like me) save your energy.  Don't even jog.  Stay out of forest areas (if there is one) or a place with several obstacles.  Trust me when I say these won't work in your advantage when you're found ("we've been made!  We've been made!!!" ... ahem)
  • Don't walk into traps.   This may sound obvious, but it's not.  If you see two people heading your way, look for a third, or see what's the largest gap between them.  On the other hand...
  • Know when to give up.  Don't waste running speed on trying to get out of a hopeless situation.
  • Once the first wave passes, don't stop moving.  Don't run, just walk, preferably in circles around the area.  Don't climb a tree (or get in another high area with no easy way down)
  • If you're a hiding sort of person (or even if you're not) three exits minimum.  At all times, have three ways to go if you get pinned down.
What to do if you're a Zombie:
  • Remember shirt colors.  It sounds idiotic, but since I'm usually first Zombie (but choice of course) I should know - remember what color shirts people are wearing in your group, and find the brightly colored ones first
  • Just in case I didn't get this hammered into your heads with the Human section, save your dang energy.  You're an invulnerable zombie.  The only thing you've got to slow you down is...not slowing down.  How ironic.
  • Pin 'em down.  Since most Zombie Tag games have boundaries, look for people who are close to those boundaries.  Get a buddy (or find the nearest boundary corner) and trap them.  Don't run at them, just walk slowly up (give them time panic) and WHAM, tagged.  (join us...join usssssss....)
I think that about covers it.  I have to go, and I will be back later with...RMS story parts!  Because everybody loves RMS, right (jk).  See ya later, gators!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)