Noelle - Day 151 (Survivors, Riddles, and Random)
Oh my!
Hello everybody, hope you're having a great Saturday. I spent all day cleaning and being sore from gym, so don't look here for bright cheerfulness. *dead silence* Well, you know, I'm going to be cheerful anyway... *cricket cricket* MOVING ON NOW.
So I have a lot of junk to post to make up for yesterday's kinda short one, so moving on!
I made up a bunch of riddles - if you're a riddle person, or even if you're not, comment with your thoughts on what the answer might be, and maybe I'll actually tell you the answer....or maybe I'll be evil and won't. >:) But of course I would never do something like that...
Danny sighed tiredly. “I really hate it when she does that.”
Hello everybody, hope you're having a great Saturday. I spent all day cleaning and being sore from gym, so don't look here for bright cheerfulness. *dead silence* Well, you know, I'm going to be cheerful anyway... *cricket cricket* MOVING ON NOW.
So I have a lot of junk to post to make up for yesterday's kinda short one, so moving on!
I made up a bunch of riddles - if you're a riddle person, or even if you're not, comment with your thoughts on what the answer might be, and maybe I'll actually tell you the answer....or maybe I'll be evil and won't. >:) But of course I would never do something like that...
I'm iron and leather and ivory,
My maw licks fire for food.
My sails sail of lands where you'll never land,
I am yesterday, today, but when?
What am I?
First I am pointy, green, and tall
Though I owe nothing time come for fall.
I'm sticky sweet, but my skin is rough,
All have names, but mine is a clue,
Write it down while the rest I tell you.
Second I am red or yellow or green.
I belong to a Grammy or Smith or Fuji.
Know my name and the first,
And the answer is yours to quench your thirst.
So put us together,
And we are...
Sweet as sugar
Prickly as a cactus
And as yellow as a buttercup in spring.
We are a puzzle - can you solve our mystery?
Tell you what, to give people time to comment with their answers, I'll wait until next Saturday...maybe I can make up more and then it shall never end!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!
Ahem.
Moving on now, I just have some RMS before you can no longer put up with my craziness any longer.
The Survivors (Part 3)
It had been a year since Danny had last been in Tony’s lab, and absolutely no organization had taken hold of the place since then. There were papers scattered across the floor, coffee cups strewn about the place, and bits of incomprehensible tech scattered on all surfaces (including the ceiling, which was what Jess was currently picking her way across)
“You need an organization system,” He complained, leaping over a haphazard hunk of metal.
“My thoughts exactly,” Nova added, following Jess’s lead and flipping himself upside down so he wouldn’t knock over anything. “Or maybe a maid? Does Iron Man even have maids?”
“No,” Astra snapped, “He has cleaner bots. That don’t do their job.” She made her way across the maze that was Tony’s workshop, a cup of milk and her precious textbook floating behind her like a pair of very loyal space dogs.
Jess opened the door from above and they all scrambled in, glad to be clear of the junk in the main lab. “Did you even sleep last night, Stark?” She said after taking one look at her surrogate father.
“I got two hours and three cups of coffee. I’ll be fine,” The scientist in question said without even turning around. Mozart was sitting in the corner, perched atop a stack of junk, lazily reading an Avengers comic book.
Jess punched her little brother just as lazily in the shoulder and jumped back down. She glanced in the floor-to-ceiling mirror that covered an entire wall of the inner lab. A month and a day before then, she had flown in one of the mirrors a floor above the lab, covering her entire lefts side with cuts, some serious, some not so much, only to fly back out the other side of Avengers Tower carrying three time bombs with less than a minute left on the clock. Jess stared hard at the mirror, then shook her head and turned back towards Tony.
“Now, can I PLEASE take this stupid sling off?” She snapped, bringing herself back to the present. “That is the whole reason I came remember...you’re messing up my training regime.”
“You’re not supposed to be doing training,” Iron Man grunted, finally turning around.
“You’re not supposed to be doing training,” Nova copied, making a face. “Can we just get the sling off?”
“You’re not the one wearing it!” Jess muttered, clambering up on the table (semi-awkwardly, considering the fact she was only using one arm)
“Well, I lost a sparring partner!” Danny said from one corner of the lab.
“And I can’t have races without somebody to race against! Nobody else on the team can fly, in case you haven’t noticed.”
“You just want to showboat anyway. I have to actually work to keep up you know!”
“Ok, cut it out you three, we have actual stuff to get done!” Tony snapped, but he grinned all the same. “I need to run some tests before I can officially take the ‘stupid sling’ off. Some random S.H.I.E.L.D. protocols.”
Jess groaned. “Do we haaave tooooo?” She whined.
“Hold still,” Tony said with a slightly evil smile and then proceeded to do eight billion tests (give or take a few), from how tall she was to how long she could jog in place. Finally, a very boring hour later, in which Danny resorted to playing chess with Mozart (Mozart won) and Nova attempted to read over Astra’s shoulder (she tackled him), Jess was finally cleared. She ripped off the sling and worked her arm up and down, free.
“Alright, who’s up for a training session...finally. The Fabulous Four Willows v.s. The Ultimate Nova and Iron Fist,” Jess chirped happily, bouncing from ceiling two wall to floor to ceiling again. It made Danny nauseous just watching her.
“The Fabulous Four?” Astra said, skeptical, “That’s the best you got?”
“It was a thing of the moment,” Jess said from the ceiling, then lept through the wall with the cry of, “Last one to the training hall is a Hawkeye smoothie!” She ripped a hole in the main lab’s ceiling and vanished.
Danny sighed tiredly. “I really hate it when she does that.”
Well, thank y'all for reading, and we'll see you tomorrow (duh) for more randomness and stuff and awesome and yeah. Don't forget to comment with "puppies are better than dragons" (win the war!) and with your guesses on what the answers might be. Answers to be posted on G+ and here Wednesday, k?
See you tomorrow, and have a wonderful day.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!