Noelle - Day 212 (Return of RMS)
Hiya!
I feel like our blog has come so far and that every post must be some kind of super important thing. Am I the only one that feels like this? Guys? *glances around for backup*
So anyway, we're rapidly approaching 300 total posts! Isn't that cool? Like I know, we're only at post #212 of 365 in ourhorrible awesome 365 Days challenge, but in just a few posts, we should be hitting 300 total. I'M EXCITED, OKAY!?
Ahem.
Focusing now.
I posted a poll on G+ the other day, but I'm going to ask you guys anyway.
What do you think would be coolest/best/most awesome for RMS (assuming Marvel discovers it and wants to do something with it, which would never happen in a million years): 1) A move {stand alone or series, your choice} 2) A cameo in a movie {it would be funny to watch the internet nerds try to figure Jess out} 3) a live-action show like Agents of SHIELD {my personal choice because reasons} 4) a cartoon like Ultimate Spiderman {which I like the animation of, but I just know they would take out all the angst and ugh} 5) A cameo/mention in a live-action show or finally 6) an episode/mention in a cartoon.
I just realized that the paragraph above is only one sentence. Anyway, you know the drill, comment with your choice/opinion and yeah! Thanks guys!
And now....you know what time it is. RMS!!! (now-a-days better known as Messy Marvel ... RMS-y. I'm hilarious) I've been waiting to post more for weeks, and here's the fruits of my labors. :D If I remember correctly, Jess and Sam were temporarily hiding out in a mall or something. You can read the last posted sections via this link.
And the newborn Jessica was free as a bird.
I feel like our blog has come so far and that every post must be some kind of super important thing. Am I the only one that feels like this? Guys? *glances around for backup*
So anyway, we're rapidly approaching 300 total posts! Isn't that cool? Like I know, we're only at post #212 of 365 in our
Ahem.
Focusing now.
I posted a poll on G+ the other day, but I'm going to ask you guys anyway.
What do you think would be coolest/best/most awesome for RMS (assuming Marvel discovers it and wants to do something with it, which would never happen in a million years): 1) A move {stand alone or series, your choice} 2) A cameo in a movie {it would be funny to watch the internet nerds try to figure Jess out} 3) a live-action show like Agents of SHIELD {my personal choice because reasons} 4) a cartoon like Ultimate Spiderman {which I like the animation of, but I just know they would take out all the angst and ugh} 5) A cameo/mention in a live-action show or finally 6) an episode/mention in a cartoon.
I just realized that the paragraph above is only one sentence. Anyway, you know the drill, comment with your choice/opinion and yeah! Thanks guys!
And now....you know what time it is. RMS!!! (now-a-days better known as Messy Marvel ... RMS-y. I'm hilarious) I've been waiting to post more for weeks, and here's the fruits of my labors. :D If I remember correctly, Jess and Sam were temporarily hiding out in a mall or something. You can read the last posted sections via this link.
The Survivors (Parts 26 & 27)
Jess ducked into the Apple store and quickly bought the laptop with the largest processor. The manager gave her a strange look. “And you’re just going to take this right now?”
She did her best to look tall and professional. “Yep.”
He seemed very suspicious, but let her through and only five minutes later, Jess had enough computer power to hack any group on the planet. She slipped it in her bag.
Now to find Sam. She made a beeline for the nearest pay phone and dialed his number and got a busy signal. A frown spread across her face as she re-dialed. Suddenly, a quick pain stabbed in her back. Her hand automatically slapped at the sting, but before anything else could happen she began to feel sluggish...almost...as if....
Jess yanked the hypodermic dart out and sank to the floor. Even if there wasn’t enough...in her, um, in her...her system to knock...her out, she wasn’t...going...anywhere fast. Somebody’s hand was on her shoulder, and through the haze, she could hear a guy’s voice saying, “Ma’am? Ma’am are you alright?”
She did her best to shake her head, but it was hard...hard...hard to tell if anything had actually...moved. Jess realized that her white knuckles were clamped around the metal dart still....a metal dart from what exactly? Oh yeah....
Her head cleared a little and she suddenly became aware that she was bent over the mall’s tile floor, and that somebody’s hand was clamped on her shoulder. “Ok, Ma’am, let’s get you to a bench.”
Jess later decided that she must have blacked out for a few seconds, but no longer than that, because the guy that had helped her was still sitting next to her, a worried look plastered across his face.
Her eyelids fluttered. “You’re a quick thinker, mister,” She said, trying her best to keep the smirk off her face.
“I do try,” Sam said, struggling not to smile as well. “Are you sure you’re ok?”
Jess looked in her hand - a silver dart, sloshing with an evil-looking blue-ish liquid was nestled there, still mostly full. “I am now, thank you. Can you hold this for me?” She handed him her heavy backpack while her brain calculated where the dart must have come from. Despite her fuzzy memories, it was clear it must have come from above, or else people would be more frightened-looking.
She leaned back like she was tired and checked the upper floor. There was a pair of guys, identical coats. Wow, S.H.I.E.L.D., are you even bothering to be subtle? Suddenly, Jess’s alarm bells started going off - of course they weren’t bothering to be subtle because the real attacker was -
She spun around and tossed the dart with deadly accuracy at the man chilling by the nearby RadioShack. He fell slack.
“What the heck did you that for?” Sam said, more annoyed than surprised. “Now our cover's blown!”
“Yeah, they had sniffers on us anyway,” Jess said, pre-occupied. She was still dazed and wasn’t sure if she could make it out of town. “You, go - get to your helmet. There’s a twenty in the backpack. Get a taxi, they’re always crazy enough to shake any tails.”
“What about you? And what the heck are sniffers?”
Jess gave him the go-right-now-or-else look. “I’ll be fine. Start running.”
Sam nodded once and vanished into the crowd, and Jess quickly found herself confronted by a pair of angry S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.
******
“Um, hmm.” Jess frowned at the two very muscular men in front of her. “What are you, 6’ 1”? I call unfair advantage, considering the fact that you shot me with a hypo-dart. But don’t worry, I’ll still go easy on you.”
The men frowned and cracked their knuckles.
“Ma’am, you’re going to have to come with us,” said Goon #1.
His partner nodded threateningly. Jess rolled her eyes and shifted her weight to the left without getting up off the bench.
“Please don’t make us take you in the hard way.”
She checked her pockets, then realized there was a stun gun stuffed into her pants. Now how did I forget about you, she wondered, sliding her hand towards it, slowly, so as not to draw attention.
Goon #2 grabbed her wrist. “Alright,” Jess snapped, “That’s enough of that.” She kicked him on the kneecap and used her left hand to shoot Goon #1 straight in the chest, which had absolutely no effect. She glared at the faulty gun, then used the metal butt of the handle to hit Goon #2. He stumbled backwards and she jumped on top of him. People started running away, screaming for security.
Goon #1 started to move towards her, but Jess lept off of her agent-jockey before his buddy could get to close. Now it was just a matter of who could get to a mall exit first - Jess started sprinting towards a nearby shop.
“What- young lady, halt!” The cashier demanded. Jess ignored him and darted into the back of the shop.
“Normally I wouldn’t do this,” Jess whispered to herself guiltily. She heard a confused shopkeeper telling somebody that ‘she went that way’. And so, putting aside past experiences, Jess ripped a tunnel directly to the nearest exterior wall.
She ran past a bunch of shouting mall employees, to which she called, “Sorry-I-don’t-have-time-to-fix-the-hole-bye-have-fun-explaining-this-to-your-boss!”
And the newborn Jessica was free as a bird.
§§§
That's all for today, guys! Don't forget to comment, and see you tomorrow!
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!