Jillian- Day 198 (Books of the Month: January)
Hey hey!
If you know me you (should) know I'm obsessed with reading. Yes, I can stay up until the dark hours of midnight curled up in my fuzzy sock reading a good book. So here are a few books I've read last month. Some of them are school books others are ones I've just picked out because they looked interesting.
Disclaimer: Anything I say about these books are my own opinion, and probably should not be taken too seriously. And I was not asked/paid to review any of these, they are just simply books I've read that I recommend.
Anyway, on to the post!
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson:
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time.
It has good character and the author has a great understanding of the time period.
I defiantly recommend this book to those who like adventure and the Civil War time period.
Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry:
This is a shorter story but it has a pretty good story line.
If you like horses this is a must read, but I really won't recommend it to people who like a really high adventure level. Its a slower paced book.
American Dream by Multiply Authors:
This is a big book with 4 separate stories inside.
They are all great stories on how life was like going to/living in the "New America."
I do have to say that some of the stories in here have the same sort of characters with different names, but if you can look over that they are all pretty good stories.
Shakespeare Made Easy Julius Caesar by Barron's?
This, as you can probably guess, was an assigned school book.
As the title implies it was fairly easy to read and understand.
On one page is the traditional/the way Shakespeare wrote it text, and on the other is a newer/more understandable text.
I defiantly recommend this book if you are struggling through your Shakespeare books.
(P.S. I think this publishing company translated almost all of Shakespeare's plays)
Under A War-Torn Sky by L.M. Elliott
This is great book for all y'all who like adventure books.
It had surprises around every corner and is very well written.
If you want a good read you need to check this book out.
Hope you liked my book reviews, if you want more comment done below :)
Bye!






Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!