Alisa - Day 222 (Dear Mister Peter)
Hey everyone!
Well, I'm back. I could tell you a whole bunch of boring stuff about my life, but I'm just going to cut to the chase here. I wrote a little something a few days ago, and I just thought I'd share it with you. Critique it, if you want! That would be awesome. But mostly, I just want you to read it, because I think it has a pretty powerful message. It's short, so don't worry about it being, like, a second RMS hahaha! Well, here it is.
...So yeah. That's that. Shoutout to Noelle, who was the first person to read it, because I really needed that feedback, and also to my mother, who was the second person to read it. And of course, shoutout to you all, my lovely international BFFs, who are the next to read it!
~Alisa Violet
P.S. Stay tuned for a blog post about... *drum roll* my lovely GRANITE!
Well, I'm back. I could tell you a whole bunch of boring stuff about my life, but I'm just going to cut to the chase here. I wrote a little something a few days ago, and I just thought I'd share it with you. Critique it, if you want! That would be awesome. But mostly, I just want you to read it, because I think it has a pretty powerful message. It's short, so don't worry about it being, like, a second RMS hahaha! Well, here it is.
Dear Mister Peter,
My name is Elinora, and I would like a refund.
I mean, I understand that you can’t actually do that, but some sort of compensation would be extremely appreciated. I know I’ve already been put on the waiting list for afterlife judgement, but honestly: there’s nothing to judge. I was alive for roughly twenty-five weeks before I was killed. How does that even count as a life? Even according to the people who killed me, it doesn’t.
I had a lot of dreams. I wanted to start an orphanage, maybe a homeless shelter, and help people who can’t help themselves. I was really hoping to get my college degree in medicine - maybe take a crack at cancer, try to find the cure.
But twenty-five weeks - six months - is not enough time to go to college, start an orphanage, or even let my body develop fully. Everyone knows that even after you’re born, your body has to finish developing. In fact, your brain itself doesn’t stop growing till you’re in your twenties!
Look, I know I’m dead now. I know I was alive before, with a heartbeat and everything. But I never got a chance to see the sun. I never saw a flower, never saw my mother’s face. I never went to college, never started my orphanage, or found a cure for cancer. In fact, I was never even born.
“Abortion,” they call it. They say I wasn’t alive, not a human person anyway. But don’t they realize? There were so many possibilities for my future - I could have saved lives, with my orphanage and my degree in medicine! There were so many things I could have done; an entire life of things I could have done, but I wasn’t even given a chance.
I don’t want much. Not even a refund, at this point. It’s quite simple: I want a life. A chance. Any life is better than simply death. Maybe it would have been hard for my mother, and I understand that, but there are other options than death; death of my body, death of my future, death of me. Death isn’t ever the right thing. Everyone deserves life, or a chance for one. I’ll say this again, to let you think about it.
Any life is better than death.
Sincerely,
Elinora
...So yeah. That's that. Shoutout to Noelle, who was the first person to read it, because I really needed that feedback, and also to my mother, who was the second person to read it. And of course, shoutout to you all, my lovely international BFFs, who are the next to read it!
~Alisa Violet
P.S. Stay tuned for a blog post about... *drum roll* my lovely GRANITE!
that was really good, and sad, and really good!
ReplyDelete