Noelle - Big News & Happy Halloween
Hey everybody!
I know it's not "my day" but whatever, IMMA GONNA POST ANYWAY.
And before I start posting pictures: BIG NEWS. I chopped off all my hair again, because I was sick of having long hair...so...yeah... That happened.
So as I mentioned in my previous post, this is like, my favorite holiday of the year, and this year I dressed up as Lady Vader (or a fem! Darth Vader) I didn't actually go trick-or-treating, although I did go around our neighborhood once with a group of friends (who, ironically, were all Star Wars characters as well) I really enjoyed my Halloween costume this year, amusing parents and kids alike, dancing with music and being "dancing Darth", telling little Kylo's that I was proud of them, and just being a goofball. I had a great time!!
The other cool thing about hanging out and not trick-or-treating was that I got to meet a lot of the neighbors that I usually wouldn't, and apparently - get this - I have a fan club! Okay, not a fan club, but a BUNCH of people were like "Omigosh are you that girl that does the chalk art" (and of course, this is WHILE I'm in a full-on Darth Vader costume, dancing to 'the skeleton waltz'). I heard a bunch of really great stories about how my chalk drawings inspire them, brighten their day, and are even something they look forward to on their morning runs/drives to work/etc.
I dunno, this blog really hasn't been discovered yet and not maybe people read it that I don't know about, but if you're one of the people that came up to me and asked about my chalk drawings, I just want you to know that it's people like you that make me confident enough to put my art out there and to draw whatever the heck I want :D
Anyway, back on subject!
This year I was Lady Vader, and I stole, no borrowed, no begged for, no....whatever. I had Mom's costume, which I posted a picture of last time, but here it is again if you didn't see it before:
I knew that I'd be taking the mask on an off a bunch, since I just wanted to hang out and have fun, so I also had basic face paint on under the mask, to make things a bit cooler:
I should have done a bit more, because my mask was off more than it was on, and I didn't look much like Darth Vader without it. If I go as Darth Vader again next year (which I probably will, so the I can amuse little kids even more. That seriously made my night), then I'll do a pseudo mask on my face with face paint or something.
I know it's not "my day" but whatever, IMMA GONNA POST ANYWAY.
And before I start posting pictures: BIG NEWS. I chopped off all my hair again, because I was sick of having long hair...so...yeah... That happened.
So as I mentioned in my previous post, this is like, my favorite holiday of the year, and this year I dressed up as Lady Vader (or a fem! Darth Vader) I didn't actually go trick-or-treating, although I did go around our neighborhood once with a group of friends (who, ironically, were all Star Wars characters as well) I really enjoyed my Halloween costume this year, amusing parents and kids alike, dancing with music and being "dancing Darth", telling little Kylo's that I was proud of them, and just being a goofball. I had a great time!!
The other cool thing about hanging out and not trick-or-treating was that I got to meet a lot of the neighbors that I usually wouldn't, and apparently - get this - I have a fan club! Okay, not a fan club, but a BUNCH of people were like "Omigosh are you that girl that does the chalk art" (and of course, this is WHILE I'm in a full-on Darth Vader costume, dancing to 'the skeleton waltz'). I heard a bunch of really great stories about how my chalk drawings inspire them, brighten their day, and are even something they look forward to on their morning runs/drives to work/etc.
I dunno, this blog really hasn't been discovered yet and not maybe people read it that I don't know about, but if you're one of the people that came up to me and asked about my chalk drawings, I just want you to know that it's people like you that make me confident enough to put my art out there and to draw whatever the heck I want :D
Anyway, back on subject!
This year I was Lady Vader, and I stole, no borrowed, no begged for, no....whatever. I had Mom's costume, which I posted a picture of last time, but here it is again if you didn't see it before:
I knew that I'd be taking the mask on an off a bunch, since I just wanted to hang out and have fun, so I also had basic face paint on under the mask, to make things a bit cooler:
| It was just a simple white-on-black-on-blue eyeliner, some basic mascara, and white dots on the cheek. Sorry, my hair is a mess, but what do you think of my new hair cut?? |
By the way, I still have my braces on. But I should be getting them off soon!
| Braces :D I don't mind them very much anymore |
Anyway, Mom's version of the costume had a cloak, but I didn't wear it until most of the kids had left for the night (trick-or-treating was from 5 to 7, and I put it on at like 6:15 or 6:30) I also had the helmet off as often as I could, because if I had it more than ten minutes then I started sweating and being unable to breath comfortably.
The kids in my area of the neighborhood were mostly Star Wars characters, so I got to goof around a lot with them. Here I am fabul-u-force-choking a little bitty Rey.
| I almost look like a show girl 0. 0 |
I know you're dying to see me to put the helmet, so I will. Muahahahaha.
![]() |
| You can see the spatz in this one. |
I always enjoy Halloween and call it, "Dragon Con for kids + free tasty merc" (I've never been to Dragon Con, but I kinda imagine it as intense Halloween with a lot more people and less candy) I can't ask people for pictures of their costumes (that'd be creepy) but I saw some adorable little kids. There was an awesome teenage couple who was Kylo and Rey. I had a dance of with Darth Maul - and won. There was an inflatable dinosaur (there always is). There was a group of kids who played along with Dancing Darth just fine, asking how the Death Star was and if the neighbors (they were storm troopers) were my minions. There was even a random kid who just stared at me for a minute, and I stared back, and finally and I said, "Sup." He was like "OMIGOSH YOU'RE A GIRL" and ran away without even asking for candy.
I also scared a little boy accidentally (it was the mask. Sorry little kid)
Anyway, I'll stop rambling, and show you my final pic. I hope you enjoyed this post! I'm going to try to do more "About my life" post, because I find that I have the most fun writing them and people seem to enjoy them more. Tell me what you thought of this post in the comments, and how your Halloween went!
| Sorry it was so dark - it was night lol. DARTH FABULOUS OUT!!!!! |



"Darth Fabulous"! I like that even better than Lady Vader!
ReplyDeleteLol your costume is epic! I love the reactions you got from people, as you described. Also, you totally deserve that admiration/recognition for your chalk art! :D
ReplyDelete