Noelle - The Halloween Post!

I should have written this post earlier....
But I'm here now so be happy.

So Halloween is right around the corner, and you might be surprised to learn that this is my favorite holiday of the year.  "But Noelle," all the religious folk say.  "How could you celebrate the devil's birthday?"  *clears throat*  The devil, a.k.a. Satan, is a fallen angel, not part of Creation, so he doesn't have a birthday.  Also, Halloween was originally known as "Hallows Eve".  It was celebrating the day just prior to All Souls Day.  All Souls Day is a day that celebrates all of the saints of the Church.  I don't know where the myth about Satan's birthday started, you'd have to talk to the super religious folk.

But anyway, today's the Halloween special post.  I think I'll do some homeschooling stuff next week! Focusing now...

So I've had some pretty cool costumes over the years.  I couldn't find any pictures, but I was a blue jay for kindergarten and Joan of Arc for...like five years.  And I was once an alligator wrestler (not exactly sure how that happened)  A couple years ago, I went to my first truck-or-treat.  Not by choice, of course, I went because that was the year hurricane sandy came and destroyed stuff in New Jersey, and all the active military people were out of town, having flown the planes to....Florida?  (*walks off* *distant voices* Dad why the heck did you go to Florida isn't that where the storm was)

Anyway....Halloween was cancelled.  But there was a nice trunk-or-treat.

I wanted to go as a ghost that year...but not a lame ghost.  This was the result!


I think Mum did a great job!!  I wore all white, along with a white hat and some white face paint + black face paint around the eyes.  If you want to really complete the look, put on dark lipstick as well.  The hood is made from tule, or at least, I think that's how its spelled....idk.

Two more things:  Mom loosely sewed on green glow sticks for the actual trunk-or-treat.  We also discovered something rather unfortunate.......you can't eat. We kinda forgot to cut a hole before going.  I was very hungry.  But the problem was eventually solved :D

Muahahahaha!
So that was 2012...

The next year, Dad had to go on his one-year remote to Honduras, and Mom and I relocated to Texas.  Not exactly certain how, but I somehow ended up as a purple minion that year.  It's actually a pretty easy costume, if you're panicking right now ( :P )

Supplies:  Overalls, a purple turtle neck, black gloves and boots, felt, two jar lids with plastic or glass that can be removed, purple face paint, and purple hair spray (it's like hair spray and paint mixed.  You can probably find them somewhere)
The goggles are easy, just with black, purple, white felt, and an elastic strap, plus those two lids I mentioned.  They can kinda dig into your face, but not painfully or anything.
The face paint is really easy - just paint your neck and face purple, and then add some white teeth on your upper lip.

It was kinda funny, because not long after this, I got this hat from...who did I get this from?  (*walks off* *distant voices* Mom who the heck gave me this hat and why)

I can now be a purple minion at will
Aaaand the next year I was back in New Jersey, and that is the year known as THE YEAR I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES.  I was so mad!  My costume was of a character from a book that I stopped writing, sadly, so maybe it's for the best, but no pictures :(  It was also the year that Mom had her neck surgery, so she got one of those neck braces and went as... *drum roll* LADY VADER.  (more on that later, along with pictures)

And then the next year, I call "the year of RMS" because that was the year I finished the first draft of book one, and started on book one.  So naturally, I went as Jessie Willow.  And if you don't know who Jessie Willow is, you are reading the wrong blog post.  Go watch JJ's Tuesday videos or something.

This costume was pretty fun, because A) Nobody asked me who I was, B) I got to do my own face paint, which I enjoy, and C) I still have that gun (it's a water gun, relax)  It was based of the finale, when SPOILERSSSSSSSS Jessie Willow has her break down at the end of book one
And now it's this year!  I'm not going to be trick-or-treating, just handing out candy in costume, because dressing up is my favorite part of Halloween anyway.

My costume this year is just an adjusted version of Mom's Lady Vader costume, as mentioned earlier. Here are the pictures of her from that year!

She's very happy, as you can tell

She has a clock, a black shirt, a black pair of pants, a blue corset, black belt, a lightsaber, a Vader helmet with blue fabric glued on.  I'll be posting pics with me in the costume next week, so I'll put in more detailed pics then.


The mask has a lightbulb under the eyes, so they glow if you want.   IT.  IS. AWESOME.

I know that a lot of people have already posted with 'basic Halloween ideas', including my friends at Two Dorks with a Blog and others.  But I have a list of costumes that I want to try building up in the back of my head.  And yes, I will be that adult that all the little kids love and the teenagers are slightly creeped out by that's still in costume when they're forty.  DON'T JUDGE ME.
  • Steampunk Tiger from Winnie the Pooh
  • Golfer (not like I have to try for that one....I am a golfer...liker seriously that'd be so fun to fill my golf bag with candy)
  • Face painted all over (that'd be fun too, I could do a lot of it myself)
  • An ice cream cone or cupcake = A white tank top + a cherry on top of a hat + chocolate colored pants (or, for a cupcake, brightly colored leggings) (I actually I have an ice cream cone hat...where is that?)
  • Fem! Moriarty (all you need is a blazer, a black, grey, or white tank top, matching slacks and shoes, a nice evillicious British accent, and optionally, an apple that says IOU or a crown)
  • Fem!  Cap, Bucky, Iron Man, or really any Marvel character ever
  • Group Costume:  Disney + Mariokart Princesses
There, now if you're really panicking (or like planning ahead) you have some ideas.  Comment below with what you're going as for Halloween!  See you next Saturday and have a great Halloween!!!



Comments

  1. I thought you were going to be Black Widow!!! Lady Vader is cool to though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anime character of course! 😆

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)