Anna Leah - Day 359 (A Funny Story)

Hey guys!
So, I've got a funny story for y'all today! But first, a little catching up that you probably don't care about! So first off, I was hanging out at the beach all last week! Yeah, it was as amazing as it sounds. We had a lot of time to relax, I played my uke, got a tan, ate junk food, tormented Noelle with said junk food, found cool shells, it was great! 

Some awesome shells we found on the beach!

But alas, it is now time to get back to business. (Disney Me: TO DEFEAT THE HUNS)(Somewhat Normal Me: NO!) I've got chores to do, schoolwork to catch up on (Shout out to those of you that are finished! Lucky ducks...), but one good thing is that I finally get to sleep in my bed, in my room. Which brings me to my story! 

It was our first night back, and I was sooo happy to sleep in my own bed. I was having a pretty good dream; finding treasure, fighting bad guys n' stuff. When suddenly, an extremely annoying and sudden BANG woke me up. I opened my eyes to see our closet door fly open and the room shake!

And of course, it was three in the morning so I was scared out of my wits and imagining things that obviously weren't the real cause.


Thoughts and Possibilities About What It Could be that Went Through My Mind at that Moment

  • Earthquake
  • Terrorists
  • A Robber
  • One of my siblings falling out of bed and cracking their skulls open
  • A fighter plane dropping a bomb
  • And the construction workers finally knocking down the old hospital that was supposed to be taken down 24 years ago and that has been blocking the main road since
As you can see, I was extremely paranoid. So I grabbed my flashlight, left the room, and ventured into the Great Unknown (AKA not my room). I really didn't want to know if it was a robber, so I skipped the downstairs and headed up. I peeked in everyone's rooms to make sure they were all alive, and miraculously didn't wake them up. I then went back downstairs and looked out the windows to search for signs of destruction. There were none. 

By then I had calmed myself down enough to head back to bed. 

Unfortunately, I dropped my flashlight on the way and it went out, leaving me in total darkness. I'm pretty sure I sprinted the whole way back. Sadly, the poor flashlight is now broken. R.I.P lil' guy.

 I got back in bed, and the rest of the night went smoothly. 

After waking up in the morning, I momentarily forgot the entire episode. Once I finally decided to get dressed, I tried opening my closet, but it wouldn't budge!

 As I looked behind the door to see what was keeping it from opening, I saw my sleeping bag sitting there like a smug little sushi. The stupid thing had fallen off of the shelf and banged into the closet door, thus making the noise! Which made me feel really stupid for not checking behind the door in the first place... 

But this experience has left me smarter and wiser! Now I know that the next time I hear a noise in the middle of the night, I need only think, Anna, don't be an idiot and go back to sleep, and my problems will be cured!

Comments

  1. Ever wonder? Don't worry....

    (evil laughter as Anna realizes what I'm talking about)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)