Noelle - Day 364 (Movie Reviews)
Hi guys!
So I've seen a couple movies recently and for some reason I wrote...reviews? Well, I sorta did that thing that previews always do where they assign appealing adjectives....I don't know what to say beyond that.
So I'm going to start, of course, with Disney Pixar's Finding Dory!
It was amazing, incredibly well done, with an excellent build up for a heart-wrenching finale, hilarious, and by far one of the best sequels I've ever seen. 5 out of 5 stars. I'll try not to spoil anything but my favorite thing was the flashbacks - not too many, not too little - and how put together it was. The plot line tied in beautifully. There was also a huge (and very relevant) message - don't take fish away from their homes. Never take fish out of the ocean. I love it. Great movie. GO WATCH IT.
NEXT MOVIE: Marvel Comic's Captain America: Civil War!
It was fabulously created, fast paced, original and unprecedented, the best action movie I've seen in a long time, goes toe-to-toe with The Avengers and surpasses Marvel's hugely successful Iron Man, thrilling, kept me on my toes the whole time! I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars, and I'm taking that star away because there was some violence for violence's sake. However, it's understandable and to be expected in an action movie (I was actually very surprised at how little violence there was...Mom and I were kinda convinced that it was going to be just bloody war the whole time).
I'll try not to analyze or fangirl too much but...the new actor for Spidey is perfect!!! He has a good amount of sass and can pull it off (it doesn't sound like he's just reading lines, if that makes any sense), and they really put his character together well. Plus, he's ACTUALLY A TEENAGER. I dunno, the older Spidermen have always irked me like, "that's not his age!!"
One more thing. I really loved the message that two people can be violently disagreeing but still be correct. Like, a lot of times it's just black and white: this is good and this is bad. That's kinda why I wrote Jess with a very scary side (for you RMS fans) - because nobody is just good or bad. It's both, and that can clash sometimes.
(Spoilers DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS PARAGRAPH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND/OR ARE GOING TO: I was right about Black Widow!! Hehehehehehe. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, click here for my 'pre-war post')
Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.
Last movie! Disney's Zootopia! (Elena starts fan girling in the distance)
The movie was catchy, bright, and cheerful, yes, but in a way, it was also heart-wrenching, real, and presented problems about our world in a way children can understand. Truly a masterpiece. I give it 4 stars, because it is a children's movie and there were a few inconsiquensial details I didn't like.
I really loved the bright, colorful animation style, the attention to detail, and the beautifully built world. Everything was made for this diverse community, and they did a good job with that. I also liked the huge underling message about our modern day parallels. (EPBOT talks about this here, but trigger warning for this link....)
Anyway, that's all for today. Sorry for this super duper long post - hope you liked it! Comment with any other movies you think I should review!!!
So I've seen a couple movies recently and for some reason I wrote...reviews? Well, I sorta did that thing that previews always do where they assign appealing adjectives....I don't know what to say beyond that.
So I'm going to start, of course, with Disney Pixar's Finding Dory!
![]() |
| I'm sorry that this is so blurry, but can we talk about how beautiful this poster is? BECAUSE THIS POSTER IS GORGEOUS. ALL CAPS FOREVER. |
It was amazing, incredibly well done, with an excellent build up for a heart-wrenching finale, hilarious, and by far one of the best sequels I've ever seen. 5 out of 5 stars. I'll try not to spoil anything but my favorite thing was the flashbacks - not too many, not too little - and how put together it was. The plot line tied in beautifully. There was also a huge (and very relevant) message - don't take fish away from their homes. Never take fish out of the ocean. I love it. Great movie. GO WATCH IT.
NEXT MOVIE: Marvel Comic's Captain America: Civil War!
It was fabulously created, fast paced, original and unprecedented, the best action movie I've seen in a long time, goes toe-to-toe with The Avengers and surpasses Marvel's hugely successful Iron Man, thrilling, kept me on my toes the whole time! I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars, and I'm taking that star away because there was some violence for violence's sake. However, it's understandable and to be expected in an action movie (I was actually very surprised at how little violence there was...Mom and I were kinda convinced that it was going to be just bloody war the whole time).
I'll try not to analyze or fangirl too much but...the new actor for Spidey is perfect!!! He has a good amount of sass and can pull it off (it doesn't sound like he's just reading lines, if that makes any sense), and they really put his character together well. Plus, he's ACTUALLY A TEENAGER. I dunno, the older Spidermen have always irked me like, "that's not his age!!"
One more thing. I really loved the message that two people can be violently disagreeing but still be correct. Like, a lot of times it's just black and white: this is good and this is bad. That's kinda why I wrote Jess with a very scary side (for you RMS fans) - because nobody is just good or bad. It's both, and that can clash sometimes.
(Spoilers DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS PARAGRAPH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND/OR ARE GOING TO: I was right about Black Widow!! Hehehehehehe. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, click here for my 'pre-war post')
Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.
Last movie! Disney's Zootopia! (Elena starts fan girling in the distance)
![]() |
| Another fabulous poster AND LOOK. MIDDLE BOTTOM. IS THAT THE GUY FROM THE NEW MOVIE SING. I THINK SO. I'M GOING TO SAY IT IS. |
I really loved the bright, colorful animation style, the attention to detail, and the beautifully built world. Everything was made for this diverse community, and they did a good job with that. I also liked the huge underling message about our modern day parallels. (EPBOT talks about this here, but trigger warning for this link....)
Anyway, that's all for today. Sorry for this super duper long post - hope you liked it! Comment with any other movies you think I should review!!!



Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!