Noelle - Day 187 (Rebellion)

I am a girl.
I like nail polish.  I have lipstick and mascara.  I care about my hair.  I have nine pairs of shoes.

I have four nerf guns (six if you count water guns).  I have pocket knives, and use them too.  I enjoy rollerblading and man hunt and nerf wars.

And okay, maybe this would count as a rant post, but I'm only going to say this once so might as well rant about it, right?  I am sick and tired of all the separation between "girl stuff" and "boy stuff" and you only have to walk through the kids' toy section of any major store to lose hope in humanity.  Why is it that Nerf, Lego, and other companies feel the need to make "girl stuff" anyway?  Ironically, the "girl" nerf guns' series is called nerf rebel.

(over exaggeration) Companies: well, we want girls to know that they're welcome in this business as well.

Me:  by making sets of pink and purple guns specifically for girls?  If a girl is going to buy a nerf gun, she already knows that she's welcome in the nerf gun business.

Or the "girl" legos?  I can get making new sets for girls.  I can get behind that, really.  But making a totally new "girl" lego figure that's no longer compatible with the "boy" sets?  That's just wrong and morally undermining.  Please stop, lego.  It's idiotic and stupid.

What it boils down to is this: stuff?  It's just stuff!  It doesn't matter either way if a girl likes what society calls "boy stuff" or if guys like the "girl stuff".  It's still just stuff and it doesn't change who we are.

So yeah, this was a rant post.  But I hope you understand what I'm getting at.  Go on, hate-comment.  I want to hear your opinions, really.  Bring it on!

-Your sweet, kindly, friendly neighborhood blogger :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)