Noelle - An Update and An Apology

Hi Everybody!
Despite the fact that I said update before apology in the title, the apology comes first.  Because y'all deserve one.  Actually, lots of them.



I'd say the major thing that I need to say is...well, I'm sorry.  I have a hard time remember that you, reading this blog post (and maybe even commenting), are a real person, and that you're more than just a view count.  I realized recently that I've just been looking at the numbers, instead of thinking, "Hey, this person went out of their way to read my blog post and I hope they liked it!"  Well, it shouldn't be that way...you guys are real people, and I'm blogging because I enjoy it, not because of the view count.  And I guess I'm apologizing because I forgot that.

So yeah...I'm sorry.

YOU THERE.  YEAH, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.  YOU'RE AN AWESOME HUMAN BEING.

*is aggressively positive*


Secondly, I dunno if this bothers anyone, but I feel like I'm constantly promoting my other projects.  I post almost every day on Google plus and occasionally on YouTube.  I have another blog (you all know Steve), and of course my books.  I don't want to be a constant a pop-up ad, but then again, these things are a big part of my busy life.  So I don't know if I should apologize or not...but if it bothers anyone, I'm sorry.  It ain't gonna stop though.

Third and final apology:  I've been posting a lot of stuff recently that could only be listed as....aggressive?  Controversial?  Opinionated.  With posts like Dear Adults (episode 1) and the Homeschooling Q&A, I've gotten much more varied feed back than ever before.  Usually it's just silence or a couple of comments like, 'this was so cool', but after the Dear Adults post, I actually got messages telling me that people might find it offensive, rude, or overly sarcastic.

I'd like to clarify and/or apologize:  I meant them to be that way.  Not because I'm a jerk that wants to offend everybody and bring chaos to society (politics do that for us), but because I'm a sarcastic person who can express myself much clearer when I'm not being serious.

Again, I don't want to be insulting, and if I ever say anything in my posts that you read and then say, "Wo.  That was...incredibly offensive," feel free to comment below and tell me what you think (however, by blog rules, hate and spam comments will be deleted)

Alright: update time!  I just wanted to talk about what your Saturday blogger has been up to recently.

I've been writing a bunch, because my third book, The Betrayers, is about ½ - ¾ done and EEEEK I'm really excited about this book, guys.  Enough people are nagging me about book three that I'm actually writing (finally).  I've also been working on editing and making micro changes to book 1, so if you see edits on there...that's why.  Thanks for your help, editing friend!

I haven't really been creating professional artwork, outside of my two art classes, and sadly I haven't  been working on my mural top-secret project.  Most of my artwork is super lazy doodling and 'corner sketches', where I just draw whatever comes to mind when I'm working on my schoolwork.  Usually lots of hearts and question marks and cursive 'I'm booooored'.

I've been playing Splatoon a lot recently.  It's getting nuts - there's not a lot of new players coming in anymore, and the maximum level hasn't been updated in over a year.  That usually results in me, a level 30, two poor little level 11s, and then five level fifties.  Really scary, guys.  I feel sorry for the people who are just coming in (they're constantly getting crushed)

(Splatoon is so awesome, y'all)

Alright, I don't have anything else to say, so have a great week and BE AWESOME!  See you next Saturday for another post ;)  And don't forget to read JJ's Tuesday posts (and anybody else that randomly will appear)



Comments

  1. I loved your more controversial posts! I like the sarcasm and none of the things mentioned offended me, they were relatable and funny! Keep it up Noelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Emma! I'm glad you liked them so much. I've been brainstorming for a new "Dear Adults" episode.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)