Cahokia Mounds and Christmas Market - Kathleen

Good morning! Good afternoon! Good night to you! I dont' know when you are reading this... so yeah...

How are you? Did you have a good Thanksgiving? I hope you stuffed yourself silly and then realized what a bad idea that was. I know I was waddling around until I fell asleep...

So I have another vloggy-post for you. On Black Friday, my sister, my mom, and I went to Cahokia Mounds (more later) and went to the Lighting of the Christmas tree and opening of the Christmas Market in downtown Belleville, IL. It was super cool.


So, as you can see, in Fairmont City, (where Cahokia Mounds is) fall is almost over. The leaves are all gone. I took several panoramas because it was such a cool spot for it. You could really see everywhere. We could even see St. Louis. Which isn't surprising because you can see STL from a church right near my house.

So history on Cahokia Mounds. Cahokia Mounds is a preservation of the mounds of an ancient Indian race. The Indian central city was called Cahokia and served as a central point for many other tribes of Mound Builders nearby. At its peak in 1100 - 1200 AD, it was 6 square miles big. Nobody really knows how or why the tribes died out, but the most believe that sickness or lack of food.

We did a little shopping then, and went home to eat a dinner of delicious dinner of Thanksgiving leftovers. That might be one of my favorite parts of the holiday. After dinner, we went to downtown Belleville and the Christkindlmarkt. Or the Christmas Market if you have limited vocabulary like me. 😓


The Christmas Market is a collection of vendors that sell little things, like ornaments, olive wood (from the Holy Land) Nativity scenes, cute hats, baked goods, and often times pretzels, hot cocoa, and German beer. It is a lot of fun.


My sister, Olivia, is on the left and my mom is on the right.

This is the third annual Christkindlmarkt. Bands come to play and two years in a row, my choir has sang at it. If we do it again this year, I will try and get pictures, but I can't tell you what blog it will be on. 😛

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed!

I have one thing for you to do before you leave. I need to you comment below. Because we need a name for this kind of post. Vloggy-post doesn't work because it just doesn't sound right. Unless you like that! Anyways, comment down below what you want it to be called!

Kathleen
internationalbffs.blogspot.com
twodorkswithablog.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)