Meme's Cranberries - Kathleen
Oh my heavens look what's almost here! Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday! You can eat without being judged! Yahoo!
OK. So. As you can tell from the title, this is going to be a recipe. It's gonna be good. So my Meme (short for the French Memere which means Grandma) is the best cook ever. I'm pretty sure Gordon Ramsey would be cool eating my Meme's food. She makes cranberries with her Thanksgiving dinner, and I have kind of taken on the cranberry making role in our house. So I thought I would share the recipe with you!
First, you need to gather all your ingredients.
OK. So. As you can tell from the title, this is going to be a recipe. It's gonna be good. So my Meme (short for the French Memere which means Grandma) is the best cook ever. I'm pretty sure Gordon Ramsey would be cool eating my Meme's food. She makes cranberries with her Thanksgiving dinner, and I have kind of taken on the cranberry making role in our house. So I thought I would share the recipe with you!
First, you need to gather all your ingredients.
- 4 cups cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 13 oz. jar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Now it's time to put it together.
- Mix your cranberries, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Put this sticky mess in a 9 inch pan with tin foil over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- After taking it out of the oven (Careful! It's hot!) stir the mixture well.
- Add the marmalade, lemon juice, and optional walnuts.
- Put it in the refrigerator. This can stay in over night, but I wouldn't recommend more than a week or two.
- Serve cold.
This cranberry sauce is so good! It can be a little sweet, but I love it!
This was a bit of a short post, but next week we will have some fun!
Thank you so much for reading! Comment down below what your favorite food is at Thanksgiving!
If I liked cranberries, I'd try this recipe! ...sorry, I don't.
ReplyDelete