Day 2, Writing Junk

According to my mom,
And my happy-go-lucky writing spirit I have to write for half-an-hour a day, so here I am with day 2 of 365.  Groan.  Complain.  Mutter.  Fine.  I mean, I love writing, I really do.  If I feel like it, I can write really "deep" stuff.  I just don't particularly feel like spending a half-an-hour a day writing live-changing stuff.  But, here goes.  *clears throat*

When I look at my life, I always wonder, "What about tomorrow?  The next day?  Where is my life going?"  I have a tendency to take a more dramatic, Shakespearian view on life and think that we're all going to die in the end, ect. ect. ect.  However, I really feel like the world is my oyster.  You can open it up and look inside, and once you see the prize you can fetch it out.  In my opinion, there are two ways of viewing oysters - the pearl inside, and the beauty of the shell, or b) how long it takes to get to that pearl, and how difficult the shell is to open.  They're both correct view, but one will only lead you to dead and sadness.

What you need to do is set a goal and stick with it.  Don't let up for one day or else you'll forget all about it.  My goal is to write for thirty minutes everyday, without fail, for 365 days.  (That's a lot of time.  If you have your calculators on hand, you can double check me when I say that's actually [30 minutes a day x seven days in a week] x 52 weeks in a year = over ten thousand minutes worth of writing!) Even when I'm sick, or tired, or grumpy, or extremely busy.  When I don't have paper, I'll write on my hand, when I don't have a pen, I'll borrow one.  If I want to accomplish that goal then I will follow through.  I will persevere!  I WILL WIN!!!  :-)

Well, I'm kind of out of "deep", "life-changing" writing for today, and it's only been 18 minutes!  Now, to continue on so that I make my goal, I will write totally random stuff until my time is up.  Key word "write".

Um...

I am a haiku
I bring pain and suffering
English lit really stinks!
( a contemporary haiku by Noelle Matherne )

So my Wreck this Journal is going very well...ooh!  Idea!  If this post can get three comments I'll post pictures.  Otherwise, I'm just going to leave you in suspense.  Like really in suspense.  As in hanging from an abandoned warehouse's roof.  Just kidding!!!  I just wanted to throw a joke or two in there.  I'm hilarious.

Um...

I was going to suggest that we do a nail art contest, but Jillian would win so whatever.  I stink at doing nails anyway.  Can barely paint with my right hand, much less my left.  Well, my time is up!  I will be back tomorrow with another *ahem* inspiring post.

-N

Comments

  1. My secret to nail art challenges is to only paint my left hand (or your non-dominate) and just take a picture of that hand

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)