Summer Plans

Hi everybody!
It’s your favorite crazy sleepy summer girl blogger!  And by ‘summer girl’ I mean I’m planning on staying inside all summer and not get a tan.  Which is what this post is about:  my plans for the summer!  Because I do have a few, and a couple goals to boot!

#1:  Golf
I  don’t know if I ever talked about this, but I started golf last fall when my parents said, “you need to do sports.  YOU NEED TO SPORT.  YOU IZ A LAZY” (or something like that) and I compromised with them by doing golf...because, confession time, here’s what I got:  my friends will tell you that I’m not athletic.  So when given the chance to do a sport without having to actually sport, I said yes right away.

I actually really enjoy golf, and have fun learning to be better at it, so this summer I’m going to be taking golf classes three times a week (once at the course I learned to golf at originally and twice on base).  I’m going to try to improve my skills...because I advanced to birdie level (level three, for lack of better term) was too fast and now I’m floundering around like ‘wait I don’t know anything how do I golf’.

#2:  Write More
As most of you know, I had a bit of writer’s block after RMS finished from lack of inspiration and being plain exhausted, so I’m going to try and make up for it by writing a ton more this summer.  I don’t know if I’m going to focus on one project in particular or what, but I hope to have something to show for it when school comes rolling back around.


#3:  Exercise
I have a tendency to just sit on the couch all day...which isn’t exactly healthy.  I’m not necessarily fat or out of shape, just not as muscular or fit as I’d like to be.  I’m going to try out some ab and thigh exercises this summer, in an attempt to do better.  Here’s the pictures I’m going to sorta follow if you want to try it out with me!




(not my pictures)

#4:  Watch All of Dr. Who
Not like, all the doctors, but all as in Nine till now.  Yes, I know, most people have like fancy vacations and fun stuff like that planned for their summer but I’m broke and this sounds FUN okay

...I might try watching Supernatural too.

And maybe some Sherlock.

Perhaps some other stuff too.

#5:  Start Arting Professionally
I love art, and I hope to make it part of my job someday, whatever that job ends up being (we’re going with author illustrator right now, but I keep finding new things that I find interesting), and this summer I want to start trying to do what I love on a more professional level - i.e. commissions and *ulp* taking critiques

Both of those are utterly terrifying to me.  The idea of having to create art to make one specific person happy is stressful and scary, and the idea of letting other people point out my flaws is pretty much my worst nightmare.  I know I’m not the best artist (hahahahah not even close to it) and the idea of people actually liking my artwork and helping me improve is absurd in its own way.  I’m also considering attempting to open my own shop...I have one on DeviantArt but the pricing on there is way wacked up and I only get a sliver of what the customer actually pays.



At any rate, if you want to be a part of my artistic journey, keep an eye out for a print shop, and if you have any ideas, commissions, or critiques, let me know!  You can follow my DeviantArt and/or G+ account both of which I post on regularly, and yeah.  That’s my summer goals.  Let me know in the comments what your goals and plans for the summer are, and as always, have a great day!  God bless <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)