March for Life and Faith Vloggy Bloggy- Kathleen

I don't actually know when I last posted.... 2 weeks ago??

Anyways, I'm back, hopefully for a while. I'm not planning on making any surprise trips anywhere for the next couple of months.

So I'm doing a Vloggy Bloggy today, as you can see by the title. I could be a bit long so lets just get started.

I took a class early on Tuesday morning and then we picked up the boys to drive for two whole days from Swansea, IL, to Manassas, VA. I'm sure they were thrilled to be spending all that time with us in a car. We drove all day, then stopped in Lexington, KY overnight. We slept super well, the beds were really comfy. And although we didn't bring swimwear, the pool there was HUGE! Maybe 50 meters!  But their workout room was actually kind of funny. In the pictures, they had all this cool stuff, but in real life, they had a treadmill. That was it... kind of a let down because I was TOTALLY going to use it... right?

Anyways, we hit the road again the next day after fueling up with some Waffle  House and it was SOO good. We got to my friends apartment around 4 - 5. Her mom had made some chicken and rice and salad and bread and cheese so as good as all that greasy junk food was, this felt really good.

Our friends were flying in later on that night (like 10) so we hung out and waited for them to get there. Once they did, we stayed up until maybe 2 am catching up, and giggling, and talking girl talk (you girls reading know exactly what I'm talking about: boys, youtubers, the dance happening the next day, the dresses we brought and so on.)

So we woke up the next day, and it's the day of our dance! Now for most of us, this was our first dance, so we were all excited, and some of us were nervous (a.k.a me) but we got ready and headed out. The dance was in Washington DC, but we were staying maybe 45 minutes away, so we had to leave way early. We took a few pictures, but it was REALLY windy, so some of them were a bit interesting.

(Clarissa, just so you know, I don't want you to feel bad that I didn't put in the group picture, I just didn't have access to it as I was writing this.)

We had so much fun at our dance. I won't include all the details here, but that post will be on Two Dorks with a Blog if you want to check it out! (link is below)

The next day was the March. There were TONS of people there! It was super inspiring to hear all the cheers and seeing all the people marching for the same cause.

Now I know that this is a HUGELY controversial topic, but I just want to say, that I never force my faith's teachings on anybody, but if you bring it up and you want to talk about it, I am going to tell you what the Catholic Church teaches and what I believe. So yeah. By writing this tiny bit about the March for Life, I'm not trying to say that I'm so great and look at all these people, you should join us because it's just the right thing to do. I firmly believe that there is something to be said and learned from being knowledgeable and learning about another faith. Not that you have to follow what you are learning about, just that you can understand people more. I have a friend who is Mormon who I talk to about the difference in our faith quite often.

ANYWHO.

We did some touristy bits (see pictures below):
 Basilica of the Immaculate Conception (AMAZING)
 Same Basilica
 Julia Childs kitchen
 Lincoln Memorial
 Lincoln Memorial
 Washington Monument
American History Museum

So yeah. We went there. These trips were split up into two days so that we could have driving/subway/walking time. Believe me, we walked EVERYWHERE. I get that's what happens when you live in a city like that, but that doesn't happen where I live.

I also kind of hurt my knee; I think it was because of the dancing Thursday night, the marching Friday, and then the walking around all day. So on Sunday, I was a bit of a wreck. We had to take an Uber to several places (thanks Mom!!!) and our driver was Indian which was cool, but he had a VERY THICK accent. So it was really hard to understand him... But it was cool! On the way home, we got stuck in traffic. In the middle of DC.. But it was kind of fun, because otherwise, we would have been on a boring highway, staring at cement and cars and dirt. This way it was more adventurous and colorful.

We went back to the apartment and hung out with the girls before we left the next (Monday) morning. It was a fun trip, but I was very much ready to get home. January was just such a whirlwind that I needed to get home, get caught up, and organize myself.

On the car ride home the first day, about 45 minutes out of Lexington (we stopped there again), we got this AMAZING sunset.

I will probably have a cooler picture of the sunset on the other blog... This one was taken from the backseat, whereas the other one was taken from the front with better focusing and stuff. Coolio.

So that is it for my first real post in a month! Whoop whoop! I'm back! Check out my post on the dance over at Two Dorks with a Blog (which I will soon be referring to as TDwB because it's easier) for more details if you want that... it will probably go up sometime a lot later in the week. I still have a ton of school to do. Also, the Pats just one the Super Bowl!!!!! That was a crazy win!!! I may  have screamed... I will see you next week!

Kathleen
internationalbffs.blogspot.com
twodorkswithablog.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. You loved to sit down a lot and take pictures! But that's okay! They're really artsy type pictures!!!
    This blog post was really good too! I really loved the photography that you took! 100% awesome! It's so cool that you went all the way to Washington to do March For Life!

    Talk to you soon!

    -Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to do that a lot. It kind of shows more of wherever you are and it's like "Yes, I've been here!" It also keeps Mom happy because she doesn't really like it when I do selfies... I'm cool with it too because I suck at selfies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's really clever though! It makes it super unique!!

      Delete
  3. I looooovvvved our trip to D.C. and I also love the pictures you got, Kathleen! :D I didn't realize you went to the Lincoln monument; isn't it cool?
    Dude, I am just so thankful for the blessing of awesome friends and an awesome trip with them. (Also please. Don't worry about hurting my feelings because you couldn't find the right picture. Fo sho, I understand.)

    *lol comment dump on everything since January because I am lazy and distracted by loads of school*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo much fun!!! I'm really glad I got to go and have so much fun!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)