Noelle - Ignored Super Powers

Hi!
I know, I know.  I said I was going to take requests for December's posts, but I'm backing out of that deal because I put off writing my posts + had ideas for both this week and next week.  And I think after Christmas, I'm just going to...fade off into the distance...and take a break.  That's okay, right?  Right.

Anyway, today, we're talking about super powers.  Specially super powers that would be super awesome, but nobody thinks of, because they're all busy being like "I want to teleport", "I want to fly", "I want to be able to turn invisible."  NO.  STOP.  YOU DO NOT.  So yeah!  Here's my list of super awesome, yet mostly ignored super powers:

1. The ability to communicate with/control birds.  Ant Man step aside, your little ant army is ridiculous.  I want a owl army.
Reason it's awesome:  Birds are everywhere - over the ocean, at both poles, in the desert, in the jungle, in cities, in caves...you name it, there's birds there.
Uses:  Birds could be spies, living attack drones, or just friendly little flitter friends.  Plus you'd sound really awesome singing with them (at least, I think so.)
(come to think of it, this power would be greatly improved if you were a 6' 5" tall black man with no-sleeve shirts and tattoos.  "YOU'LL BE SORRY JUST LET ME CALL MY ARMY!!" *angry sparrow noises*)
(I challenge some one to draw this, ASAP)
Downside: house cats are now your greatest enemies, you'll probably get headaches from constantly being able to understand what birds are saying, you have to be nice to Canada geese (ew)

2.  Shapeshifting.  No, I don't mean the ability to turn into an animal, or to become a werewolf-type thing or that.  I just mean the ability to change the way you look at will.
Reason it's awesome: you'll be able to wear any clothing you want, look any way you want, and still be you.
Downside: people won't be able to tell it's you :(

3. The ability to stop small children from crying.  No, not to be creepy, but we've all been stuck in the situation where some small child is screaming (probably for ice cream or candy or some other thing they don't really need) and you just want them to stop...so now they can!
Reason it's awesome: ahhhh, my ear drums can finally take a break.
Downside: ????
(side note: I kinda stole this idea from Domics, the youtube channel. *shrug*)

4. Make your art work come to life.  I'd love to finish my art work and watch it run around the page - or, alternatively, for it to come off the page (although, as a dragon artist, this may cause...issues.)
Reason it's awesome: you could see your drawings actually move around, have fun with them, maybe even talk to them!
Downside: you'd have to eventually make them go back into still life mode :(

And finally...

5.  The ability to just project your thoughts into word format.
Reason it's awesome:  I could write books SO much faster.  And blog posts.  And essays.  Ahhh, essays.
Downside: being an author wouldn't pay very well anymore.

Anyway, sorry that this post got put off so much!  I meant to write it on Saturday, then it got put off, and then Sunday was crazy busy, but it's done now, so there.  Thanks for reading, and add your ignored super powers in the comments below!

Have a great day!

Comments

  1. Loved this psot :) YASS the ability to shapeshift I've always thought would be cool.

    Okay you literally said both of the ones that I'd want in the top part. Teleportation (no more early mornings! Just throw on clothes and snap your fingers) or fly (I just think it would be a cool way to get places quickly without having to get caught up in traffic!! :D).

    As for ignored super powers...communication with animals is one I've thought would be cool since I was a kid...or the ability to control the weather. But not make the weather. Just like, if it was super windy and I didn't want it to be, then to stop or slow the wind. I've always joked about this, but it actually could be fun!!

    ~Iris xx
    http://getupandoutblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm so I'm a little late to the party (I know, I know, I'm shamed for not being a regular on here, and I'm sorry for that) but you missed a very crucial super power, my favorite-

    The ability to change probability.

    I know it sounds weird, but hear me out. You can literally do anything with this super power. Where the likelihood of you being able to fly, to shapeshift, to become invisible, etc., would normally be 0%, guess what you could do? BAM, 100% going to happen.

    Or what about making art coming to life, like you said, or the ability to bend elements (ATLA fans anyone?)! 100% going to happen!

    Heck, you could even totally rig elections and everything, if you want to get more realistic or whatever. You could become president of... everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing the feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)