The Race Has Started!!!

Hi guys!! It's Elena again!!! The Race just started! I will be explaining the games, and stuff, and spirit points, and other random stuff. It was wild. I have pictures!!!
I will also be explaining that game. That one was my favorite. It's called American Eagle

When I arrived I was really crazy nervous, and really crazy excited! There were a ton of cars, and that was the moment when mom and dad were like "whoa. This IS huge." of course the prospect of being watched by hundreds of people (most of which I didn't even know) totally made me feel better... totally

If you cant' see the huge wave of Race people. They're there. The camera that I used is horrible... but who cares.
Anyways,
Each team had a corner where they set up their signs and their theme.



Then we started doing games. First one was the all time favorite American Eagle. They would call up a group of kids by age group, not team or anything. Just age group and gender. For example: High school boys, Highschool girls, Middleschool boys, Middleschool girls.
This is how the game worked:
All the leaders of your gender and your age group would line up at the halfway mark at the field. On the whistle you had to run from one side of the field to the other with out being caught. The leaders had to try to get as many kids out as possible, but it's the way they do it that makes it an interesting game. They don't tag you. They ether have to drag you off the field, or pick up off the ground and say
"1-2-3, AMERICAN EAGLE!" if you touch the ground while they're saying this, they have to do it again. I only took pictures during the Middleschool boys game though.



My friend Gracie suggested kicking when they catch you, but that was outlawed because a youth leader had to go to the hospital last year with a dislocated shoulder. I tried not to kick when the one leader tackled me. Rolling was more effective. It took four leaders to drag me off the field. Mom and dad were proud.
Steal the Biscuit:
This game was almost just as crazy. It's similar to steal the bacon, with each person on each team
having a designated number and stuff.


Those are tubes, like the ones you go tubing in. They split up the teams into two big teams, Yellow being pared with Red, and Green and Blue being pared together. They had you line up by height (I was on the lower scale...) and then they wrote a number on your hand. I was 8. Then they would call out about five different numbers. when your number was called you would step up and wait for the whistle. Once they blew it you had to get as many biscuits as you could before the timer went out or the other team got them all. The big reason why everyone charged towards them like crazy people was because each biscuit was worth one point. Usually, if you win a game in the Race, that was four points.  Which is also why everyone wanted the big biscuit. It was worth TWO points, which is why I have these awesome pictures...

That's the big biscuit.

Sorry about how blurry it is. I had to use zoom.

After that game they announced who the winner was for tonight. The only problem is that the winner of the first night usually looses the Race.... usually. :D

Ok,
Red team won by two points, not because of us wining games but also because of our posters.

We had others, but that was one of the only ones that wasn't being used at the moment. :)

Spirit is a big thing in the Race, you can't win without it.
After the Race, my voice was horse for a day.
That's blue team. They came second. Yellow and Green tied for third, so there was no fourth place. I like blue team, mostly because when the leaders dragged me off the field in American Eagle, one of the blue team girls pulled me up off the ground and said I did awesome. I wasn't even on their team. Now that's being a good sport.


So that's it! That's the first night of the Race. There are four more to follow, and you will get a post like this every week.
I hope you enjoyed this post! That's all for now!!! Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jay & Noelle - WRITINGS TIPS

Hello, it's me... - Kathleen

Noelle - Day 250 (The Post For Writers)